Iroc wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
255's are a no go on the front as far as I know, and I have rolled front lips on mine. Also, only the fronts will fit without spacers as F bodies use a staggered offset which is different front and rear.

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
I think the ones they sale on that site (and most to be honest) are all the same backspacing for all four (they're not OE stuff) ... so I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have to worry about front vs rear like you would with real IROC wheels. If you notice it's a 16 x 8 rim with a ET of zero, which according to their tire calculator comes out to a 4.5 B.S. which should be find for a g-body.

Still, good to check before you buy.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
should I run 245/50/16's in the front and 255/50/16 in back? or the skinnier ones all the way round?

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I'm running 4 FRONT IROC rims on my '84 Monte SS with 235/60R16 tires on them. I installed a set of Suspension Techniques springs which lowered the car approximately 1", and the wheels & tires fit fine. The inner edge of the front tires will rub the front frame and sway bar at full lock slightly, but I've never had any serious issues because of this. I alsi used the factory GM rear wheel spacer from an IROC Camaro or Trans Am from the late '80s (approximayely 1/8" thick) in between the rear brake drums, and the wheels, just for a bit more peace of mind. I went with the 60 series tires, because I wanted to fill up the wheelwells to visually lower the car a bit more without sacrificing any more ground clearance. The 16" wheel & tire combination that I'm running is about 1 1/2" taller than the original 15" wheels & tires that came on the car, so there is a bit of speedometer error that I have to keep in mind, but I really like the overall look of the car this way.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I am going with 245's front and 255's rear on my car. Just know that the 245's will rub on full compression in a Cutlass. How I solved the problem is in this thread: http://gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5110

Lue

G-Body Guru
Nov 29, 2007
Los Angeles, california
Sorry for posting another IROC question. When I got my Bu, she came with 15” IROC rims. Well, it’s been about a year, and I need new tires. The tires are 225/70R 15 all the way around. I notice that they rub up against the frame and inner wheel well , but I wasn’t sure if it’s a tire or spring issue sense my car bottoms out when going over dips. How do I find out if they are real IROCS or after market? Are they worth keeping, or would it be better to go with 16 X 8 instead? Can anyone give me some suggestions on what tire will work out best? Here are some pictures..

IMG00611.jpg
[/img]
IMG00612.jpg

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
:hijack: argh! ;)

riddle me this, batfolks. WTF is that little symbol on the wheel in his second picture? At the outside edge of the bottom spoke? That looks like a similar (if not the same) symbol on the aluminum wheels on both my Mopars (the Mag and the wife's Pacifica).... is this a 'maker's mark' or something from the casting place? Just saw that and was like, hey!!

Vern

Master Mechanic
Jul 23, 2007
Dayton, OH
I would use either 235/60/15s all the way around or them with a 255/60/15 in the rear. No need to change rims. Naturally 16x8s are better but how hard are you pushing the car and how important is it to you. For most people its more about astetics. If its worth it to you to change the look a bit only you know.

On the 16x8s I have a buddy with a GNX which came stock with that size. He uses 245/50/16 up front and 255/50/16 in the rear and it looks and handles killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor