EL CAMINO Is 2mm butyl dynamat, then a 4mm foam insulation layer, then a mass backed carpet going to be overkill and lead to clearance issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I would think the mass backing would take the place of the foam layer. I think between that and the Dynamat you should be fine.

Reactions: 1 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I used 80ml dynamat and carpet with jute backing. It works very nicely.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Under my mass backed carpet, I used a product that incorporates shredded denim with a foil layer. I'm very pleased with the sound deadening quality. I forgot the name of the product at the moment....senior moment.

The product is Bonded Logic as I recall.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
The layers do add depth/thickness so there is additional effort required for items that require fasteners going through everything.

One needs to target where & where not to utilize all the layers. 100% coverage of everything is not necessary & only adds weight. Where seats & a console fasten down trim back the foam layer for sure.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor