is it possable to take a 350 rocket form the 60s that were green and put it in a 1984 cutlass hurst

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicholasH\O freak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2016
bradenton ,florida
i would really like to get some information i have had 4 1984 cutlass hurst olds my dads car he passed away trying to restore the nice one i just fininshed geting the engine compartment and the engine and nice and pretty just want to get some infor i have 1 cutlass now my dad ened up seling 2 and kept 2 ended up selliung the other one but really want to know if instead of already spent money on my 307 engine thats in there get a nice old engine im trying to make a nice show car.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Welcome to the forum. You can easily fit the 60's engine in your car. By the way GP403 is nice enough to allow us to use punctuation at no charge.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
By the way GP403 is nice enough to allow us to use punctuation at no charge.
Hey wait a minute, I already pre-paid for a dozen periods and two pair of quotation marks!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
i would really like to get some information i have had 4 1984 cutlass hurst olds my dads car he passed away trying to restore the nice one i just fininshed geting the engine compartment and the engine and nice and pretty just want to get some infor i have 1 cutlass now my dad ened up seling 2 and kept 2 ended up selliung the other one but really want to know if instead of already spent money on my 307 engine thats in there get a nice old engine im trying to make a nice show car.

do you have the casting number...?.

Reactions: 1 user

87BlazeLS

Master Mechanic
Sep 5, 2012
Apopka Florida
The olds 350 I transplanted was from a 75 Delta 98 it was in fact gold. In the sixty's the color may have been different.

and yes you should be able to install an earlier olds motor into an 80 something 442 or Cutless.

Will it be a bolt in affair? Maybe ,maybe not....

NicholasH\O freak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2016
bradenton ,florida
thanks and im really thinking about it but i just spent all that time on the engine but it better have a nice engine in there for the shows i have not yet got a rocket 350 but have been looking just wondered if it would be a problem thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor