Is it worth switching to the 36mm F body sway bar from stock 32mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Also, don't under estimate the use of OEM add-on body braces. Every little bit helps.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
F41 to the 36mm hollow is kinda like wearing a condom. Is she really going to notice the extra girth because it's a little bit bigger in diameter? Maybe if it's ribbed. :)
Hamish: Some men are longer than others.
Campbell: Your mother been telling ya stories about me again, eh?

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
don't you have the jounce bars, radiator x-bars, and all the rest?
Man. I have stainless hardened matched sets of high RPM balanced muffler bearings, 2 tuning bars off of the Muncie for 3rd gear noise, a hope, prayer, dichlorodifluoromethane leak detection but no jounce bars, radiator x-bars or lateral cross frame bars

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I think my point is, that you can get your car to handle pretty well without breaking the bank and using factory enhancements. The 60 series tires provides decent handling and ride comfort without being too harsh on the street. Over the years I gleaned many tricks on the Monte SS forum. I'm also using the Monte SS quick ratio steering box.
I agree 110% Jack. I mentioned in another thread today, that my kid and I put together an extremely good handling car without $3k. Probably closer to $2k including tires.

Its nice to bolt on parts, but……..you pay.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
For anybody interested in upgrading, I have close to 40 sway bars. 34mm ,36mm hollows and F41 1 1/4" solids and 3/4 and 7/8 rear bars.

timo22
Do you have any factory joust bars? PM me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor