Is there an In/Out Adjustment for Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Judging by this picture I took and comparing it to the passenger side, my drivers window needs to be tilted inwards to stop that stupid blow out and not being able to unroll and roll it back up at highway speeds. The passenger window does not have this issue at all. I do know the drivers side was hit by a plow at low speed in a parking lot and resprayed at some point, so the door itself may be bent/broken. Even after adjusting/bending the window felts to take the flop out of the window, it still catches the tab when shutting the door and has the aforementioned blowout problem.

Question: is there an in/out adjustment to the glass at all? If not, is there a way I could make it have such an adjustment?

in the photo you can see the glass does not go up the middle of the seal top to bottom, but rides the outside edge and is directly on the inner side of the antiblow clip. The passenger side is more in the middle of the seal.

269415728_768897427838666_7931749829823794833_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
On my Corvette there is, gonna guess no here but also pose a question: could something be bent and causing your issues?
that was one of my questions. Ive never had any trouble installing/removing the door mechanisms or the window parts at all, so I dont think anything is bent too bad, but i wouldnt rule it out. Hell for all I know the drivers glass may have been replaced and is curved wrong.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Yes, under the door panel. There is more adjustment in the windows needed as long as your rails aren’t bent. And even if they are bent, then you can bend them back.

I can’t tell what you are showing in the picture though. With the window all the way up, do you need the top of the window or the bottom moved? And in or out, or forward or back?

Oldsmbl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 9, 2017
I'm wondering if any of your nylon rollers (for that window) are worn or damaged.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Yes, under the door panel. There is more adjustment in the windows needed as long as your rails aren’t bent. And even if they are bent, then you can bend them back.

I can’t tell what you are showing in the picture though. With the window all the way up, do you need the top of the window or the bottom moved? And in or out, or forward or back?
the window doesnt follow the angle of the a pillar and catches on the tab when shutting the door, among other things.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Are the windows wobbly when the doors are open?

The plastic piece that is riveted to the window which mates with the alignment peg will break and really loosen the window support when you're trying to get it aligned.

If the hinges are ok and the door isn't sagging and you've never adjusted stuff I'd start looking at broken or worn track parts

Reactions: 2 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Watching this for a magic fix myself , I have a similar malady ,just not as bad
I can’t roll my windows up when driving at speed I have to slow down to almost a stop before they will go up where they should .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor