midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
yep not quite beautiful. To put it nicely :D

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
srercrcr said:
I don't need validation from a bunch of guys hanging around.
I do what I want for my own self-satisfaction.

If that is really true, go live on an island or in a Unabomber shack alone with a big pile of parts to build stuff from. Being different is cool ( I AM and AMC guy, after all!), but it is frustrating too. Sometimes it is nice to be recognized for your efforts, especially since this is a social hobby.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
right, I'm origanally a Mopar guy and at one time had a dream of an AMX, different is always good, but sometimes it can make you look like a goofball too, am I wrong?

Uncletruck

Master Mechanic
Apr 22, 2007
Erie, PA
It can be a social hobby if you want it to be, but it doesn't have to be. You can own and drive and fix up whatever you want without ever having to attend a car show or do anything to appease "the guys." I've been given plenty of compliments on my LeMans without ever having to go anywhere to look for them. Others like the show and trophy thing, and nothing wrong with that if it's what you are in to.

There weren't any Cadillac models of the G body. The RWD Seville's built around the early G body generation looked like they were built on the Caprice/Impala B body platform, but in fact weren't. They were actually unibodies. Second generation Sevilles were built on the FWD Riviera/Toronado platform, but weren't very good because the engine choices were either the POS HT4100, or the even worse 5.7 diesel or the V8-6-4 which just didn't work. Cadillacs are difficult for collectors bacause they were usually at the forefront of GM's technology, and it was always a toss up if the technology worked or not, and if it did the question was for how long?

-UT-

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
They make um in 2 doors too? Not bad, looks fast, nice wheelie too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor