Is this possible for a rear end

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the regals are anything like the Cutlass as far as what could be ordered from the factory then yes, they could have a limited slip diff. My '81 was ordered with a 260/th350c engine trans with a 2.29 limited slip.
My mom's '88 came with a 3.08 limited slip.

Blue Knight said:
Tell guy to rotate it 90 degrees and take a new pict. We are looking to see the insides.
x2
We need to be looking inside the differential. The guy taking pictures should know better.

That is strange that he would take the picture like that. There is a window that lets you see inside but its not facing out towards the camera.

well I bought it hope its a posi will take pics tomorrow to see if you guys can tell me..

This is the only angle that shows anything in the opening

Does this show if its a posi?

Attachments

• IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    369.5 KB · Views: 736
  • IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    431 KB · Views: 716
Crd80BU said:
This is the inside:

is it a posi?

I'm not the expert but if you look at this picture the center section with the cylinder and the large gear around it needs to be rotated inside the housing so we can see the other side of it. We don't need to see what is behind it, the thing in the middle just needs to be turned around so it is facing out, not in.
Once we see inside, someone else should be able to tell if it's a posi. I just know we are looking at the back of someones head to see their eye color.

That picture was supposed to be the original picture that the seller sent you. Oops.

no that doesnt signify where it is posi or not, you need a pic of the carrier

Peter said:
no that doesnt signify where it is posi or not, you need a pic of the carrier

do I need to disassemble it to see if its a posi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor