it never ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
you know the drill. you fix it up you get it how you like it and then the little things start popping up.

i hate the lights in the dash. first i had one go out only to come back on later, so i have a connection problem. great, another problem to take care of when i put gauges in. i also discovered tonite my right turn signal light bulb has blown. GREAT!!!! i knew i should have redone all the light the last time i tore the dash apart but no! i insisted on making shortcuts and doing the bare minimum when i put the tach in.

they have these LED bulbs for the 194 bulb and im thinking of trying them out and if they're brighter or more white than the regular bulbs i'll switch over to them. the bulbs in the dash arent bright enough and i measured the ohms in a couple different bulbs including the 194 and i found the 194, while not the original bulbs in the dash, are brighter and IMO a much needed upgrade.

i wrote up an entire article on the lighting of the dash and what bulbs to upgrade to but i forgot all that info so im not able to impart my knowledge of this onto any of you.

the bulbs are 194 and upgraded to 168. jesus i forget so much crap its unreal. i just checked...i was wrong.

congratulations on getting this site going, its about time there was somewhere for the g bodies, if those led replacements work out could you tell me where u got them. thanks

SpitFyre said:
congratulations on getting this site going, its about time there was somewhere for the g bodies, if those led replacements work out could you tell me where u got them. thanks

i know autozone had LEDs for the 194 bulb. (for side markers and everything that lights up in the dash) i think they have LEDs for tail lights/turn signals too but dont quote me on it.

its been awhile since i first saw them so im sure they have more than they did then.

Thanks for the bulb tips guys. This is also a pieve of mine. I took the instrument panel out and sprayed some "chrome" paint in the "light pods" to get some more reflectivity. It helped, but not as Tim the tool man says, "It needs more power" ... for my tastes. Of course, it could be failing eye sight in my old age. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor