It's a bad day when....

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It's a bad day when your connecting rod exits your block and cuts your oil pan in half.
Not mine.:doh:

looserod.jpg

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Oh that sucks.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Damn....leave the bolts tight and weld that b*st*rd back up! That would make one hell of a garage ornament.

Yav8

Master Mechanic
Aug 19, 2014
Manitowoc wis.
I have one that I take to the swap meets that look just like that one. I came on a core motor that bought for the heads not the bottom end. Late model vortec block and it only had about a one inch spot and the pan rail on the right side holding it together. Number one rod on this pan so it show up very nice. I could have sold it 100 times but then its more of a show stopper and conversation piece than anything on the table.

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
I think he found the weak link.

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Wow - major carnage!

I've seen SBC's that would 'fog' a neighborhood but haven't seen one bad in that way in person. That must have been almost scary when it destructed! Was that caused by a major over rev?

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
that would be the only time where I smile at all the $$$ that went down the drain, as I proudly show everyone and say "lookit what I did!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor