Jealous Mechanic Did THIS:

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
o_O😱 I have found when welding a nut it, is easyer to first weld a washer to broken bolt then weld nut to washer.

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
o_O😱 I have found when welding a nut it, is easyer to first weld a washer to broken bolt then weld nut to washer.

the reason I like the nut is I can use more heat with a nut than a washer so I get better penetration into the broken bolt. What thickness of washer do you use?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Haters gonna hate, I guess. I highly doubt said "mechanic" intentionally broke the bolts. That's not how you get paid or good references.

It's been my experience when a mechanic is working on an older car they advise the car owner that if any bolts are rusted in place or break when trying to remove them the costumer is responsible to pay for the bolts removal...some don't want to pay and take the car home and we all know who gets blamed most of the time.....

• Wow

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
It's been my experience when a mechanic is working on an older car they advise the car owner that if any bolts are rusted in place or break when trying to remove them the costumer is responsible to pay for the bolts removal...some don't want to pay and take the car home and we all know who gets blamed most of the time.....
That doesn't make them "jealous" of a sweet G ride.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
I have trouble finding the hole.... in a 3/8 nut. a washer lets me hit the hole better. 1/8" thick max.
as hot as I can. i have a little lincolen 140? then I can put MORE weld on the outside of the nut.
Me thinks the HEAT does as much good to get it out.

• Useful
  • Agree

mccormack944

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2018
Ohio
Like everyone said industry standard anymore is welding a nut, if its really stick you can drill a hole down the center fill it with weld then weld to the nut. If you want to try and the bolts aren’t stuck you could use a chisel and hammer at a really sharp angle to spin it out enough to get vise grips on it but that technique usually only works 10% of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor