Jegster Doublehump xmember help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston we have a problem:
4157131600_e28bca4036.jpg"%20width="500"%20height="375"%20alt="IMG_0837"

As you can see in the photo, the transmission mount doesn't line up, this is the stock mount. What mount did you guys use with this crossmember? Also, the driver side holes line up, but not the passenger side, did anyone run into that issue before? Any comments/help/criticism? Thanks!
Here is my malibu photoset http://www.flickr.com/photos/justinbiomed/sets/72157622930165016/ if the picture doesn't show up.

Just a guess because I have seen it on here before. Try flipping it the other way around.

as far as you trans mount if i am not mistaken the factory crossmember tab was offset to use that mount ,,,i would try the energy suspension mount think it would line up for you ,,,heres a couple pics of it in my car
summitexhaust003.jpg
summitexhaust001.jpg
you might be able to get it at your local parts store i bought mine at autozone http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-3-1108G/

I tried flipping it the other way, and it still is offset. I will grab one of those energy suspension mounts today and install it and see what I'm up against from there. Thank guys!

Ok, update. Using the middle hole of the Energy Suspension mount for TH350 worked for this cross member. I had to elongate the passenger side bolt holes about 3/8" so I could put a bolt through it and tighten it down. This is on my 81 malibu sedan. Everything is bolted down and holding good.

Congrats. Now go have some fun.

I'm putting a Chevy 350 and TH350 transmission in my cutlass. Which crossmember would be better, G-Force or the Iceman?

joye227 said:
How am I gonna know if I got clearance issues? :?:

When you try to put it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor