Jegster Doublehump xmember help

Status
Not open for further replies.

joye227

Apprentice
May 11, 2009
South Carolina
Alright. I think I may get an Iceman. I know we talked about this on the other site qdub. My header reducers will only be 3in inlet and 2.5 outlet. So it should work. I don't know about the Jegster though.

406monte

Apprentice
Jan 24, 2009
Quantico, VA
I tried to run the Jegster on my car and had the same kind of header clearance as you. It didn't lin eup to the humps and the exhaust wouldn't work with it. I have been using a double hump out of a 69 Chevelle that came factory with the double humps. I had to slightly modify it but have been using it for the last 10 years now. In my 78 Monte i used the same crossmember in it as well. I think I am going to go with an Iceman for the profile and the weight reduction.

BlackOldsmobile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 12, 2012
Tennessee
I've still got this, I'll probably use it on my other Cutlass whenever I finally git rid of the 700-R4 that's in it.
26890260122_large.jpg

Can you make this fit on a Cutlass? It reads on the Jegs website that it will not work with any Cutlass. I wanted to make sure before I go and waste my time.

BlackOldsmobile

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 12, 2012
Tennessee
Doober said:
You may need to drill some holes on one side for the mount (I believe it's '82+ cars that had a crossmember straight across the frame), but it will fit.

My 85 has that same staggered look to it and it looks like it may just bolt right in.I'll just have to buy it and see.

Blue86Monte

Master Mechanic
Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis, Mo
I run an iceman in my 86 Monte and 78 mali. Would recommend his stuff to anyone, very top notch and affordable to boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor