Jegster G-body Crossmember

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennsy86Montessguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2010
Eastern Penn's Woods
http://www.jegs.com/i/Jegster/550/41050/10002/-1

Has anybody used one of these in their G-body? Any issues with pipe clearance? I am considering one of them for my 86 Monte SS that I just put headers on. I like the Iceman one, but the price is much better on this one.

Thanks!

Possumz

Greasemonkey
Jul 8, 2010
Virginia Beach, Virginia
I guess it could depend on what trans your using. I have the 83 Monte Catlo with a th350 and the passenger side hump does not line up where you would expect it to. I dont have headers and the duels dont line up like it should. If I was able to do it again I would go with the iceman setup. Currently dont have any pics as my trans is out being worked on. :cry:

Cutty454

Apprentice
Jul 8, 2010
blackwood,new jersey
Pennsy86Montessguy said:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Jegster/550/41050/10002/-1

Has anybody used one of these in their G-body? Any issues with pipe clearance? I am considering one of them for my 86 Monte SS that I just put headers on. I like the Iceman one, but the price is much better on this one.

Thanks!

I bought that crossmember for my 84 cutlass i have a bb and the humps didnt match where my collectors were wich was probably due to the fact big blocks are wider so i had to buy a gforce crossmember but the jegs one i had i sold to a kid that had a monte and he said it worked fine

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Had one on my '78 LeMans. Stock 305, manifolds & Th350. Fit fine, no alignment issues.

Pennsy86Montessguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2010
Eastern Penn's Woods
I have a TH350 in my Monte with Flowmaster headers if that will help.

Appreciate any and all input on this.

J3

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2009
East TX
I'm running one on my 79 Monte w/TH350. Shorty headers, no clearance issues, everything lines up like it should.

Grandprixpaul

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2011
Commerce township , mi
I actually have this one, bought it fit perfect no fit issues, have. 1987 gp, small block 350 350 turbo trans. And i put the duel exhaust kit from either jegs or summit it all fit together great easy install on the crossmember and great finish on the crossmember to. By the way 2 1/2 exhaust kit fit with no clearnce issues, and the welded cherry bomb mufflers kill all the flowmasters out there i just drown them out.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I got one for my 700r4... I do have a little pass side clearance issue, but so slight, any exhaust shop worth their salt should have no problems with the small angle. HTH

mike87442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2010
homer glen illinois
I bought the summit brand crossmember and it came with g-force stickers on it.Fit perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor