jesse james, OCC, fast and loud....compete live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
GMG got my vote. They actually built a chopper the way they used to be built....modifying an old Harley and they actually rode it too Vegas....that's bad *ss.

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
Wow, skynyrd blows live

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
MrHernandez said:
Wow, skynyrd blows live
x2 Maybe their sound levels could have used some more balancing. They had one of those cases where the instruments are way too quiet making it sound like the vocalist is just up there awkwardly singing karaoke.

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
307 Regal said:
MrHernandez said:
Wow, skynyrd blows live
x2 Maybe their sound levels could have used some more balancing. They had one of those cases where the instruments are way too quiet making it sound like the vocalist is just up there awkwardly singing karaoke.
Yeah, Van Zant was really uninthusiastic, like he was bored or stoned

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
Jr wins as Indian Larry rolls in his grave. Smh

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
In my book, Jesse shoulda been DQed for taking too much time. His bike was definately different. I applaud his skill levels, non better out there in my opinion. Jrs bike was beautiful to the eye, but a bit loud. Srs was an engineering expose' and I am sure we will see more bikes like that in the future. GMG's bike, to me, was the winner because it was a bike that displayed what bike lovers have always admired about the HD choppers.... Raw, Simple, Fun, and Fast. They will win it next yr.....

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I'm embarrassed to say that I recorded it then skipped through it and just watched parts and pieces. I'm with tc1959. At first I thought the "tension" was staged but that glassy eyed look on RR face came across as genuine concern. I think he was actually in fear that running his mouth might actually earn him a beating.
As far as the "build-off" goes, there were really only 2 builders represented. JJ was actually hands on with his bike. The bearded guy from GMG was too. The OCC bike was an excellent display of machining ability -- as it should be with a million dollars in equipment and a crew of guys to run it. I doubt Sr had much to do with the actual design and build. Jr's bike was awkward and unrideable and I doubt he got his hands dirty during the build. RR probably didn't have much to do with his bobber either. It was pretty tasteful and actually a rideable bike, but nothing really stood out about it. JJ took extra time but was about as hand built as can be. I wasn't crazy about the style but respect the ability/talent.
So, if I had to rank them:
1. JJ - From a craftsmanship standpoint, it was the most impressive.
2. GMG - Tasteful and traditional but it'd been done many times over. A well done "everyman's bike".
3. Sr. - Would make a great promotional exhibit for the CNC machine's manufacturer.
4. Jr. - I like cars and I like bikes. I don't think his conglomeration was well executed. Every hot rod cliche on 2 wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor