Jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Hey, not meant to pry. I have been looking for a decent job for some time now...just curious to know what some other people do, for some ideas.

hard to find work right now,i cant seem to find any work around the small town i live in.I sell parts for my living,take some from yards when i go,mostly desirable parts like trim and such and sell them,i get a couple bucks out of it.I still would rather have a job then do this,now i ran out of parts and am forced on selling my collection of perfect condition parts and some NOS parts i planned on using on my cutlass,sucks but you gotta do what you gotta do i guess.

Im still in high school and atm just cooking at a local resturant. Thinking about becoming a waiter tho for tips, cash in hand at the end of the night sorta deal. Eaither way tho, its easy work and atm am making 10 dollars an hour...Pays for gas/insurance and slowly enough for parts!

Architecture is in the dumps right now. I was laid off almost a year ago and there just isn't anything out there. And when something does come up, the market is just so over saturated with people looking for work, its virtually impossible to compete.
I ended up having to take a temp job at a local factory making almost $5 less per hour. Although they are getting a lot of overtime right now which helps.

I know the feeling there, I live in NY and job market here sucks and is overcrowded. I've been doing side work, helping contractors, electricians & plumbers and mowing lawns...anything to get a buck. I am desperate to find a job that at least has health benefits.

I am fortunate enough to work within a family bearing and other industrial maintence parts distributor. But just because im family doesnt mean i get a cut of the profits. We get our yearly bonus, which is profit sharing, but other than that i get my regular hourly wage. If youre in need of a job, try getting your cdl. Some of the truck drivers that drop off shipments have said shipping is really picking up, and the make REALLY good money too. One guy was telling me dock workers make 18 an hour while drivers make 22-23 an hour, with some overtime as well. Good luck!!

I am a Field Engineer for an OEM and I go to all the dealerships and fix cars the dealership mechanic can't.

I'm in the out-of-work business as well, filled out around 200 applications in the last 6 months and got maybe 3 calls (which were all scams). I worked at National Tire and Battery for 3 days. On the 3rd day I found out I was highly allergic to the black tire sealant, so I had to quit. Yeah, life sucks for a lot of people right now, so you're not alone.

I lucked out I guess . I am in the Commercial construction Biz . I run jobs for the sameCo. I worked for since I was 15 in 84 .

We had enough work carried over from previous year 08 that most of are employees work 9 months or so out year . But since Thanksgiving . about everyone's been off. The hospitals and large jobs r supposed to start but when who knows.

I sell part out of my buddies yard on different forums . And some repair work for people for extra cash. I'll start worrying end of may about work . There is nothing here other wise . NAFTA,free trade and Wallyworld ran every one off. That paid decent or at least had health bennies.

I have done body work and can wrench about anything but after 25 years off construction what am I going to do .

I am ashamed to tell people, but for right now since there is no job opened at any auto store I work as a dishwasher at a country club 🙁 I hate every minute of it, but I been out looking for a job in a auto parts store with no luck at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor