Joke of the day

Came back from the Re-forger field exercises. Standing in front of the Nurnburg Bahnhoff. My buddy says- let's go to Octoberfest! So we do. WOWSERS!!!! Beer, schnitzel, beer, sausage, beer, cheese, beer, pom fritz, beer, oompa bands, beer, big pretzels, beer, herring-on-a-roll, beer, oh, and a few beers. We got separated and I somehow made it back after a couple of days train -wandering around Bavaria in a funk. I'm still hung over but what an event!
The Nurnburg Bahnhoff, that was a starting point to a very interesting day my first time I arrived there. The (single, worked up) guys I went there with had to make a visit to the Wall, then off to a Turkish bar that we had to get out of real quick, jumped into a Spanish brothel to hide out, then made it to a woopie bar ran by some West Africans just to bump into two other buddies who really had to haul arse cause the girl the "hooked up" with threaten to call the polizei on them for not payig for a bottle of champange they never ordered. All of that while hitting every bar we could find. Good times. :friday:If I was 20 years younger & single I would do that day all over again.

Reactions: 1 user
a visit to the Wall,
The infamous WALL! You have to respect the concept. Legal prostitution, regulated, health inspected, well policed. (You did NOT want to mess with the Politzei) You start at one end and there in the big window is the girl on duty. At first the pretty young girls are there at expensive rates. Then as you wander along to the other end, the age goes up and the prices drop. At the end you have Ma Kettle going for 50 pfennigs. I have to mention this: as a kid we went to the 1964/65 World's Fair in NYC a lot. The Bavarian Village had a pervasive stench of stale beer and piss. When I got to the Wall area, yup, stale beer and piss. So for centuries folks have been peeing on the poor old walls and they reproduced that stench perfectly for the World's Fair. :doh:

Reactions: 1 user
In the 1980s, A&W attempted to capitalize on the success of the Quarter Pounder—and drum up a little competition for McDonald’s—by introducing a third-pound burger. The bigger burger gave consumers more bang for their money. It was priced the same as the Quarter Pounder but delivered more meat. It even outperformed McDonald’s in blind taste tests, with consumers preferring the flavor of A&W’s burger.

But when it came down to actually purchasing the third-pound burgers, most Americans simply wouldn’t do it. Baffled, A&W ordered more tests and focus groups. After chatting with people who snubbed the A&W burger for the smaller Quarter Pounder, the reason became clear: Americans suck at fractions. People thought a third of a pound was less than a quarter of a pound. After all, 3 is less than 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1614695103_0vpjnlaptk.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users