BUILD THREAD JRP's '87 Regal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Nov 4, 2012
Proof of life. This car still exists. I haven't touched it The body is up on blocks and the frame is out in the driveway. Probably angry that I keep ignoring it for side jobs and overtime and Fords. I think I'm starting to have some real paint fume withdrawal so I probably should work on getting a water separator setup for the compressor so I can start doing some paint work. My firewall has flash rust all over it which is par for the course when you let bare metal sit this long. Once it gets cold and there isn't much to do outside, I'll likely get back into it. The torpedo heater is plenty enough to heat up the garage so I can paint.

4lmo2h.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Ahhh hellz yeah! Some of my best partial memories are those cold nights in the shop swilling Pendleton and huffing paint fumes a Brakekleen.
giphy (3).gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Reactions: 1 user

NCTyphoonKid

G-Body Guru
Mar 17, 2019
Just catching up on your progress and my oh my I see I’m not the only one dealing with bad rust on a Regal.

Reactions: 4 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Ahhh hellz yeah! Some of my best partial memories are those cold nights in the shop swilling Pendleton and huffing paint fumes a Brakekleen. View attachment 161470

I had an AC compressor completely caked with gunk on a 1990 Corolla GTS. It was winter, so the garage stayed closed. I decided that dumping a can of carb cleaner at it was the way to go. Mind you I did this under the car as the compressor was on the bottom. Worked like a charm and yeah, I was definitely walking on sunshine after that.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor