Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Reactions: 1 user

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I've met some of the buyers at auctions and learned, at least in Texas, once the car goes in the jyard it ain't coming out except in pieces due to Texas law marking the title. at least that's the way it was explained to me.
Yup it only comes out in pieces! What a waste.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
My local pick n pull goes thru cycles. Last week they had dozens of GrandAms and W Body Grand Prixs. All Camaros they had in Nov were gone! Not a single S10 which they normally have a bunch of! I should have pulled all the spindles w/dual piston calipers!!!!

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
My local pick n pull goes thru cycles. Last week they had dozens of GrandAms and W Body Grand Prixs. All Camaros they had in Nov were gone! Not a single S10 which they normally have a bunch of! I should have pulled all the spindles w/dual piston calipers!!!!
you talking about the WAP in Belton? or the jyard down 195?

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Wup,, in Belton I14/190. I went in and got a bucket of bolts from newer cars and I didn't have to pay. People there are very friendly. I collect the newer metric bolts that have the gray finish on them to replace the ones in my 87SS. All the bolts that will attach my Dana60 from Strange Engineering will have these bolts. Going back to get a set of e-brake cables from the only Camaro that is there. It is completely stripped except for the cables.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Wup,, in Belton I14/190. I went in and got a bucket of bolts from newer cars and I didn't have to pay. People there are very friendly. I collect the newer metric bolts that have the gray finish on them to replace the ones in my 87SS. All the bolts that will attach my Dana60 from Strange Engineering will have these bolts. Going back to get a set of e-brake cables from the only Camaro that is there. It is completely stripped except for the cables.
I go there a couple times a year, website says they have three Camaros (95-01) right now, 84 Firebird, but no gbodies

I've been to the 195 picknpull but not really impressed with them
Little Valley? he's mighty proud of his stuff

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
I tip my cap to you for driving them that far/for these kind of trips hauling parts. It makes me want to drive mine in this manner, but once you restore a wagon interior it makes you not want to use it like a wagon is intended for :unsure::D

I did use my LS for a few yard trips in the last couple years, jam packed the trunk a couple times.

I also like yard trips as much or more than car shows or even working on my own stuff, at times anyways. Something therapeutic about it.
This group can especially appreciate that logic. It can take a lot of effort to get these plastic riddled interiors looking 'new' these days. Smallish trailer would better suite you & still allow g-body used parts acquisition travels.

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
(Not sure if this has ever been posted up, did a search on the forum with no results, so here we go!)

Its the winter months and for most in this country, cant get to or for that matter, WANT to go to a salvage yard when the weather is so nasty. Lets get everyone in the fever and treasure hunting mood by posting up past or current G Body finds in yards you may have visited. Someone out there has pictures or a story of something they have/had seen and wish they could take home with them I'm sure, its even happened to me.

No Picture, but will share the story. Was in a local yard and someone had junked a beautiful Oldsmobile Cutlass, it was late 70's (78/79) No rust, shinning paint and NICE interior. Guess the transmission was toast, they wouldn't sell it to me, so I purchased a few parts instead, just a shame to see that!!

Weird. I bought a car out of a junkyard before, put it back on the road with a salvage title. They'd wasted the motor, but the car was complete. There was still a lot of good, usable stuff from that motor too.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I go there a couple times a year, website says they have three Camaros (95-01) right now, 84 Firebird, but no gbodies

I've been to the 195 picknpull but not really impressed with them
Little Valley? he's mighty proud of his stuff
I only saw a Camaro. I got my 2002 Camaro rear end from th e195 yard to pull all the stuff off to convert to rear disk brakes (RPO J65). The guy bought back from the gutted case and gave me a credit I used to get some misc stuff that I never used!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor