JUNKYARD G- BODY FINDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
LKQ pick your part is across the country in many states. Go to their website which I linked below. Click find your part and see the drop down list of all the states and towns. If you register on the site you can enter the make, model and years of vehicles you are looking for. Then when they get something that matches your criteria they send you an email. I use this feature and it works good. G body cars pop up now and then. If you like getting stuff at junkyards and there happens to be an LKQ or multiple LKQ's within your range, I recommend you register and enter the stuff your looking for. The emails they send you include links to the vehicle descriptions and usually include several pictures of the actual vehicle being put out into the yard. Descriptions also include the position within the yard where the vehicle is located such as row 11 space 4

Thank you. I’m always on the lookout for those sites. They come in handy many times!

Reactions: 1 user

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Here's the truth that nobody wants to say out loud

People buy G bodies (certain models excepted) because they are (were?) cheap, and still were a familiar platform layout. People that buy cheap cars usually do so because money is an issue. That said, apparently for some/many it is easier to ease into fixing a rustbucket than spending more up-front.

A wise man once told me, "buy THE BEST car you can afford" when picking a project.

If these were 68-72 GM A bodies, nobody'd be crying about the cost of shipping a good shell/roller in.

I have a PERFECT Malibu coupe/sedan frame here....best offer I can get is $100 (roundy-round guy) ..... guess it'll sit in the North pasture "just in case"
My brother is a Mopar guy collector/hoarder/ seller. If we think guys cry at the price of parts for g-bodies, you should hear the ones he gets for 60’s through 70 Mopar muscle car stuff 🙄 I always had my head in Olds and Pontiacs mostly G bodies

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
It's just like real-estate, LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. In a perfect world, it is absolutely ideal and cost saving to anyone doing a project to start with a rust-free chassis, however, shipping is very expensive, and when you throw into the mix a non-running vehicle, you can almost double your shipping cost. This is why they are still sitting where found, because people have already done the math on it.

I'm still a firm believer in buying a nice survivor G. I know most here will laugh and say I'm nuts, but again, do the math. Someone will bi*ch about a 12K to 16K G body in beautiful original shape yet will be the first ones to buy a $3500 pile, bad paint, bad interior, needs drivetrain work ect. An average middle of the road paint Job/ minor body work is 6-8 GRAND, then reupholster the seats, 2500 to 3500 and up, your already up to 15 GRAND with the purchase or the car and haven't even touched the motor or transmission yet!

Like I said, give me a nice survivor all day long, that's the only way I will buy them.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor