Just a 20 year old with an '86 442!! G-body till I die

Status
Not open for further replies.
photo-1.jpg

442Lou said:
There was some modification to get it to work. You also have to cut out the P R N D strip because of the different shifter location. I'm pretty happy with the way it can out. You didn't have to butcher the console up at all.

Thanks for the insight. Did you leave the factory shifter brackets on the floor or get rid of them? Beautiful 442 too by the way!

86-blk442 said:
442Lou said:
There was some modification to get it to work. You also have to cut out the P R N D strip because of the different shifter location. I'm pretty happy with the way it can out. You didn't have to butcher the console up at all.

Thanks for the insight. Did you leave the factory shifter brackets on the floor or get rid of them? Beautiful 442 too by the way!

Yes, the quarter stick bracket actually fit inside the old bracket. It was pretty cool how it all worked out. I wanted to go with the quarter stick as opposed to the conventional ratchet shifter. I've heared horror stories of those breaking off while racing.

Yeah, I like how the pro-stick is constructed, and how it functions over other shifters, Especially for my trans with the reverse manual valvebody.

P.S. Any under hood shots of your car?

Nice! I like how you kept the cruise and all that. That air cleaner looks familiar too haha. Check out my 442 in my build thread if you get a chance and let me know what you think. I have a 350 Olds too, with a lil work done by Bill Trovato.

wish my cutlass was that clean. will be doing body work in a year or so though. your gunna love the 455. welcome from a fellow 20 year old!

86-blk442 said:
Nice! I like how you kept the cruise and all that. That air cleaner looks familiar too haha. Check out my 442 in my build thread if you get a chance and let me know what you think. I have a 350 Olds too, with a lil work done by Bill Trovato.

Bill Travato is a good man I know him well, he actually signed off on the passes I made to get my 9 second competition lisence.

Dennyboy said:
wish my cutlass was that clean. will be doing body work in a year or so though. your gunna love the 455. welcome from a fellow 20 year old!

Hey man, good to know there's a few kids like me out there that appreciate G bodies!

How do you like running the 455 with the 3.42 gears. I'm currently running 3.42s in my setup and I was gonna leave them in there when I drop in the big block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor