Just an Idea for my cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.
custom442 said:
I just saw a cutlass the other day with a chrome bird or angel (couldn't tell) hood ornament like that. It was the ugliest thing ever, don't do it. If you want it classic looking with all the chrome, the cutlass front looks better than the regal IMO. I like the wire wheels, just don't run them with any real hp :lol:

To tell you the truth, if you've got a nice paint job and all new chrome that came on the cutlass supreme, you've got a damn nice car that'll look better than any mismatched slab on the road

so you are from Houston? I'm a good couple hours away in Abilene, so i bet you see slabs everywhere...i agree, i need a good set of chrome for the drivers and passenger side upped doors, the piece that holds the window felts, mine are are dinged up. the brougham is nice top of the line cutlass, but i just think those add to it...it'd be a one of a kind creation

85 Cutlass Brougham said:
Good paint skills, but the thought of building a car in that style makes me want to ...uhh.. :puke:

haha, i was hoping to see if you'd leave a comment and what you'd have to say about it! thanks for the compliment on the MS Paint skills, i got em lol

i like ta slab look on a cutty.i say go for it.dont worry about what every body else say if they had say so we all would have center lines and high jackers on our cuttys.......they dont under stand ta swaga 8) 8) 8) swang that sh*t out!!!!!hoggin up both lanes!!!!!!! :notworthy:

350_85cutty said:
haha, i was hoping to see if you'd leave a comment and what you'd have to say about it! thanks for the compliment on the MS Paint skills, i got em lol

u need to get a copy of adobe illustator!

I give you props on the creativity and paint skills, but, and no offense, I can't give you any props on taste or style. I would hate to see a Cutty put to shame like that. Sorry man, just my opinion.

350_85cutty said:
thanks, yeah I've never even played around with photoshop or any other program like that, they seem too complicated, i've always just messed around on MS Paint, and I guess after a couple years, I've just gotten good at it, I've done some pretty cool things using MS Paint. so you've seen your fair share of all those items huh? that's pretty cool! what did you specifically do when you worked there?

I was a salesperson for years, then eventually sales manager for a Buick-GMC dealer in Pittsburgh. Being the resident "gearhead" I was fortunate enough to drive T-Types, Grand Nationals, Caballeros, Typhoons, even a Syclone as a company car. Had a Buick Century "Sport Coupe" with a 400 SBC swap as a personal car. Back in '93 one of my sales staff took a clean, loaded '87 Camino on trade. When he took the customer's license plate off, I bolted my plate on, and it's been in my garage ever since. I did my share of tasteless "accessorizing" of showroom cars over the years, but you do what you gotta do to satisfy the customer.

Bill

ibanezfxer said:
I give you props on the creativity and paint skills, but, and no offense, I can't give you any props on taste or style. I would hate to see a Cutty put to shame like that. Sorry man, just my opinion.

WOW, questioning my taste and style....woah buddy, go check out my build thread, maybe you'll change your mind a lil, i'm in no way offended by your comment, it's all opinion and we are all friends here, but i think that was kinda a low blow....i like to think out the box, my tastes and styles vary, i don't like to stick to one genre of anything, i like to explore my options, weather it be an idea from Hot Rod Mag, Lowrider Mag, or whatever....

350_85cutty said:
ibanezfxer said:

WOW, questioning my taste and style....woah buddy, go check out my build thread, maybe you'll change your mind a lil, i'm in no way offended by your comment, it's all opinion and we are all friends here, but i think that was kinda a low blow....i like to think out the box, my tastes and styles vary, i don't like to stick to one genre of anything, i like to explore my options, weather it be an idea from Hot Rod Mag, Lowrider Mag, or whatever....

Na Bro...didn't mean it as a low blow. Just like some of the others on your thread here, it wasn't my cup of tea. Everyone likes what they like and I am not in Texas so I only see cars like that in a certain part of town and usually they are not done very well. Sometimes it looks like they drove through an auto accessory store with a magnet and duct tape and got everything and anything that would fit on the car. Lol. If you like it than go for it and I'm sure there will be others that like it too. I grew up on a farm in Kentucky so maybe I'm the one with no taste or style. And yes, some of the jokes about Kentuckians are true. Lol. I love custom cars, but for me it was a little too much. I apologize if my comment didn't sit well with ya.

Na Bro...didn't mean it as a low blow. Just like some of the others on your thread here, it wasn't my cup of tea. Everyone likes what they like and I am not in Texas so I only see cars like that in a certain part of town and usually they are not done very well. Sometimes it looks like they drove through an auto accessory store with a magnet and duct tape and got everything and anything that would fit on the car. Lol. If you like it than go for it and I'm sure there will be others that like it too. I grew up on a farm in Kentucky so maybe I'm the one with no taste or style. And yes, some of the jokes about Kentuckians are true. Lol. I love custom cars, but for me it was a little too much. I apologize if my comment didn't sit well with ya.[/quote]

It's cool man, no offense taken, we're good 😀 i know what you mean about the parts store thing, i absolutely hate those lil portholes or wannabe cadillac escalade style vents that ppl put on there fenders, RETARDED!!! i see them on hoopties alot, it's funny! they can spend $30 on those vents, but not a new tailight or missing hubcab... whoever sells those is making a fortune!!! yeah you CAN over accessorize a vehicle, and make it look tacky, some people can put it together and some can't lol...there's nothing wrong with living it Kentucky, the only thing that Kentuckians should be ashamed of is KFC, that place is gross!!!!!LOL

Yeah KFC used to be good back in the day. Now it tastes like something I found in back of a stall under a pile of hay once. Hahaha. Don't ya know that those vents make the car run cooler, the rediculous things called a spoiler that are bigger than the wing of a 747 give you better traction on a fwd car, those 48" tachs with a shift light you could see from mars are cool and my personal favorite are mufflers that sound like a wh*re in church holding a chainsaw. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor