Just bought a 86

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratdoggy1

Greasemonkey
Sep 23, 2009
[330]O H I O
Hi I am new here. I am 15 years old and just bought a 1986 Bonneville today. It is a 4 door. V6. I get my temps in 2 months. Do you recommend anything to me?

Thx
Justin

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Best thing I can reccomend is to learn how to check the fluids and simple things like changing the belts and wipers if you don't know how.

Munkey B

Greasemonkey
Jul 5, 2008
Detroit, michigan
learn what you can.
try to do everything on it. from tire changing, to fluids, to brakes, to.........whatever mistake you make, can ALWAYS be fixed.

enjoy it.
this will be the car that's always in your stories of "....when i got my license...."

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
buy a chiltons repair manual on your car. i have one for both my cars and it helps me a whole lot. also learn about your car and whats different about your model compaired to other models of your car. do research and learn something everyday about yer ride and youll be telling us whats what soon enough. good luck.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Make sure your brakes are good. Having a car w/o ABS and as heavy as your Bonnie you need to drive it accordingly. I slid into a few things when I first got my licence, you have a tendency to go faster than your braking system can handle. Good luck, enjoy it.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Chevyman85 said:
you have a tendency to go faster than your braking system can handle.

Is that possible with a V6 G body? :lol: :lol:

svltrack

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2009
GP John said:
Keep your eyes on the road and pay attention. Good Luck

Cannot resist... This is funny

svltrack

Apprentice
Sep 22, 2009
At least you live in OH where everything is straight.. My recommendation would be to go to Swensons & pickup some tail

ponchoman49

Apprentice
May 27, 2009
NY
Those are nice driving cars. Do you know if it has the Buick 231 carbed V6 vin code "A" or the Chevy 4.3 TBI V6 vin "Z"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor