Just Found This...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derision

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2007
Jackson, New Jersey
I was just wandering about the internet, and I ran across this site. They seem to be restoring an '86 GP 2+2 to, er, better than new.

www.classicresto.com/mambo/content/view/96/43/

I wish the pictures were a little bigger, but... it seems pretty cool.

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
That is pretty cool. I added the site to my favorites. I am not sure that I like the hatch back idea myself, but it will be different.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
wow that's definatly something new. welcome to the site!

sui_winbolo

Greasemonkey
Dec 14, 2006
North Dakota
Looks like a great site.

I saw a 2+2 in really good condition on the reservation about 30 miles away. I was shocked to see it just parked sitting out in the snow.

I'd love to own that car.

Even though I'm not a fan of the rear "bubble" window, just to have a car that rare would be awesome.

ss4ever

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Shelbina, Missouri
I know of the build, the owner is a member on www.montecarloss.com and gives us some updates on the car occasionally. Very nice build and LOTS of money dropped into the car!

slimbo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2008
if you ask me they just ruined an awesome car. if i could find a 2+2 in good shape i would drop my drivetrain into it,mini tub it and notch the frame and go racing. they didnt even notch the frame to fit the right size vette tires under the *ss........

Uncletruck

Master Mechanic
Apr 22, 2007
Erie, PA
I could tell from the degree of rust and prior bodywork on that one that it didn't spend it's whole life in the southwest :p

It is good in one way that G bodies are picking up some excitement among high buck high level restorer/fabracators to possibly give the cars more collector value, but in turn could make things bad for those of us who enjoy these cars as low budget RWD classics. (Meaning they are not Boydo $100k+ pseudo-retro-overpriced "classics")

-UT-

slimbo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 14, 2008
i agree completely unk. i bought mine from ca. about 4 years ago because it was rust free. the car has remained untouched bodywise besides the fiberglass hood and will remain so. the paint is far from perfect but its original and rust free. that guy is destroying all the character that car once had.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
I beg to differ. I think that this project is pretty cool. Altough the styling maybe different, it is still being done tastfully. Besides they are really just making it how it should have come from the factory, and its not exactly like the car was in pristine shape before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor