Just made decision for brake upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
If you are not going to give Wilwood the opportunity to make it right because of limitations of your time then I do not agree with giving them 1 star...
It wouldn't matter even if they gave me a refund. It's still worthy of a 1 star because of the issue with them. You haven't wasted the amount of time that I have with these.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
If you are not going to give Wilwood the opportunity to make it right because of limitations of your time then I do not agree with giving them 1 star...

I agree with him, I would not waste my time. Wilwood was not wiling to work with us when they improperly quoted the price for a custom color of calipers when doing a setup for an 86 grand prix. I thought $400 was outrageous to change the color of calipers they are already powder-coating, but the customer said while he was at it go for it. Well low and behold it is actually $400 per axle and not the $200 that they told me, after wasting tons of time and effort all they would do is give us money towards our next order.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
So I've given up on Flynbye. I called again and a woman answered. She said Ed would call me back that evening.
2 days later and no call. No way to run a business.
I'm going to do it a different way but I'm staying with the LS1 brakes.
I bought hubs from this guy:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=292665643229

My plan is to order some 3/8" 4130 steel and make my own brackets and then modify my spindles. Here's a recent helpful post someone just made:
https://gbodyforum.com/threads/ls1-front-brakes-on-g-body-spindle.69674/

The rest of the parts I need I'll buy from Rock Auto and a local bolt supply store.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor