Just made decision for brake upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Roger,
You have mentioned multiple times that you are bleeding the calipers with them removed from the spindle - why? This should be completely unnecessary of the bleeders are at the top of the caliper.
The bleeders are not at the top on the 2.75" metric Wilwood calipers.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The bleeders are not at the top on the 2.75" metric Wilwood calipers.

then you must have the calipers on the wrong side and upside down...

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B003XV3IWU/?tag=rippca-20

71S%2BmY3S8oL._SL1425_.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Nope. There is no left and right for these. Both calipers are the same. Meaning you can't put them in upside down.
The bleeder is almost at the top but not quite. I'd say it's off about 20 degrees when the caliper is bolted in place on the spindle.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Nope. There is no left and right for these. Both calipers are the same. Meaning you can't put them in upside down.
The bleeder is almost at the top but not quite. I'd say it's off about 20 degrees when the caliper is bolted in place on the spindle.

when someone says the bleeeders are not at the top then to me that means they are on the bottom. I don't know any calipers where the bleeder is exactly on top of the caliper.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Roger,
You have mentioned multiple times that you are bleeding the calipers with them removed from the spindle - why? This should be completely unnecessary of the bleeders are at the top of the caliper.
I don't know. Maybe I should reconsider the 2wd Blazer brakes. It does seem like a lot more trouble to go the LS1 route if I can't get a kit and have to fabricate parts and get a machine shop involved.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
when someone says the bleeeders are not at the top then to me that means they are on the bottom. I don't know any calipers where the bleeder is exactly on top of the caliper.
Yeah, I don't know why Wilwood made them that way. It makes it more of job to get them bled. But even worse, they didn't make them stout enough to keep from flexing.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If the bleeders are not on the bottom then bleed them conventionally - with them installed on the spindle. If issue s still present, then contact Wilwood.

https://www.wilwood.com/TechTip/TechContact

It would be doubtful that you are experiencing an issue that they are yet to encounter.

A photo or two would be helpful as well

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Yeah, I don't know why Wilwood made them that way. It makes it more of job to get them bled. But even worse, they didn't make them stout enough to keep from flexing.

I am sure the calipers are designed with the bleeder positioned so that no air pockets can develop when properly bleeding with them installed

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
I am sure the calipers are designed with the bleeder positioned so that no air pockets can develop when properly bleeding with them installed
You would think so but they didn't. I read other reports of them being hard to bleed. Doesn't matter, I covered all bases by bleeding them tilting back and forth and tapping on them lightly too. That's not the issue anyway. The issue is the flex. It's unacceptable.

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
If the bleeders are not on the bottom then bleed them conventionally - with them installed on the spindle. If issue s still present, then contact Wilwood.
https://www.wilwood.com/TechTip/TechContact
It would be doubtful that you are experiencing an issue that they are yet to encounter.
A photo or two would be helpful as well
I did contact them. The guy was pretty dumbfounded and would go silent and wouldn't admit or defend anything about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor