Not open for further replies.

82Calais

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 1, 2011
MR442 said:
82Calais said:
How much is a weatherstrip kit from GM?

Discontinued
You may find NOS And its 4 x what the other makers r asking . but for the t tops they fit so much better .

The prrevious owner used double sided foam tape to seal up my tops. It doesn't leak. at least someone is making parts for us.

82cutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 16, 2010
Just purchased the roof rail kit, when i install it ill post my results as well.

82cutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 16, 2010
Incase anyone was curious i called a chevy dealer and they quoted the roof rail weatherstrips at $217 each!!! :shock:

for hardtops that is....vs $69.99 for the pair of metro seals.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Well I just bought the entire kit w/t-tops off eBay for $289.00... As soon as it gets here I will let you know how nicely it fits.

Aaron88SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2011
Indpls, IN
I recently purchased a t top kit from (Mikes montes) It was made by soft seal witch metro/soft seal are the same company now. But I installed it 2weeks ago and it fits like a glove. His customer service is second to none. They shipped the same day and it only ran me $189 that included vibration seals. He has plent of monte parts and he even caters to the Olds people. Heres some pics.
IMG_20110129_164648.jpg

IMG_20110129_164609.jpg

IMG_20110129_164601.jpg

IMG_20110129_164535.jpg

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
Well I'm pretty excited. I just opened the box on my brand new complete Metro SuperSoft kit w/T-Tops! I almosted busted on myself when I opened the box and smelled all that brand new rubber. Probably get it all put in tomorrow.

82Calais

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 1, 2011
I appreciate the pics guys. I'm a ways off before I need to worry about this issue but its Good to know we have supporting vendors with custumer service & reasonable prices.

snotrocket71

Greasemonkey
Feb 20, 2011
Wading River Long Island
t tops are the best worst thing ever i think, for the summer they're awesome but as soon as water gets involved in the equation it goes south. the repro weatherstripping i got kinda sucked as far as fitment i had to bolster up the B pillar weather stripping with extra weather strip and the rattle strips didnt fit worth a damn. they leak from the passenger t-top weather strip too which i cant figure. next time i'll ante up and get the best i can find... its like a friend of mine once told me "on the bright side, leaky t-tops make all the girls wet". but i'm glad to hear there are success stories with the aftermarket stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor