just picked up my dream car

Status
Not open for further replies.

scot w.

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2007
Seymour, TN
wolfloc said:
scot- thanks for the input after reading your post and doing some research i think i will go ahead will a scanmaster first. oh and are you the guy who makes the led taillights? those are the coolest things ive ever seen. definately near the top of the to-buy list
Well spaghetti engineering is the company that makes them but Yes, I was the one who thought of making them for the TR's..

SW.

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Nice T 8)

Yes, you can paint over the chrome. I chose the semi-gloss black duplicolor for the headlight bezels on my cutlass. Just follow the directions on the can. I wetsanded with 400 grit, self etching primer, then the semigloss, turned out great

chevyss415

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2009
Northern california
Nice car bro!!!
was that the one on craigslist in the sf Bayarea??

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
If your trim is in nice shape, go grab some other ones from the junk yard so yours are not ruined. It is much better to find some that are in not so good shape and paint them, rather than ruin some that are still mint.

BTW, nice car!! My old auto shop teacher had one almost like yours. I loved it!

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I would leave the chrome and trim alone. It's more of a sleeper that way. However, I would ditch those cheapo 80's rims as they just aren't cool and never were. I would get some period correct wheels for it that are a better size and style.

gnx107

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 20, 2009
watertown tn
wolfloc said:
hey my name is wolf and i just picked up my 2nd g body. i think im getting addicted to them. i frequent this site quite a bit but i never contribute (mostly for my lack of knowledge) so i figure now would be a good time for an introduction.

here she is. 87 turbo t all stock (for now) shes in pretty decent condtion no visable rust but definatly had some body work. clean interior except no headliner at all (not even the cardboard). runs decent now that it got a tune up (had a misfire when i got her) but i think the trans doesnt have much life left.

i am welcome to any comments questions suggestions and critizism
hi wolf , welcome to the addiction of boost . you will be the same . looks like a good car . I think they only made 1547 turbo t (we4) cars and came with 245 HP @ 4400 rpm they run good . I am a addicted have 2 gn and 1 gnx now . the scanmaster is a must but if you are like me I don t know how to use it wright or what all the numbers are supposed to be . I will have to learn or I could kill a motor . :( you have a nice car have fun with . gnx 107

normal_100_1350.JPG

normal_100_1349.JPG

normal_100_1348.JPG

normal_100_1346.JPG

normal_100_1354.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor