Kansas Bu Wagon's Build Thread.**TRADED**

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Re: Kansas Bu Wagon's Build Thread.

The panels are nice. When I had my 83 Wagon, I put 8" subs in those cubbys, stuffed with some poly-fill. I just used a few chunks of angle iron screwed to the back of the MDF, and Nut and bolted to the panel, I had the interior panel out so I could get the the nuts. The MDF panel was covered in headliner material to match the interior color, which doubled as a gasket of sorts to fill the small gap around the perimeter. Then I screwed the speaker in. No visible screws, and looked pro.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

I like the speakers in the cubbies. If I didn't have the speakers in the wheel well panels, I would've installed them there too.
Looks good, man. 8)

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks

Finished mounting my 6x9s in the back today. Got some small brackets from Menards 39 cents a peice and they worked perfect. All I have left to do is cover them, I think I'm going to match them to the carpet. And then wire them to my non existent head unit lol, still have to buy one of those.

Anyway, pics...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 505
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    879.1 KB · Views: 478
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    778.1 KB · Views: 493
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 491
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 495

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero

There ya go, that is another way to mount them. If you hit a craft store, like Michaels or something, you can get a bag of poly fill and fill the cubby holes up. They 6x9 will sound good in there.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

I hope you have the grilles for those speakers... :)
I'm considering putting some 6 x 9's back there, but a friend of mine might give me a set of cubby doors.

What were the holes around the openings for?

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Re: Kansas Bu Wagon's Build Thread. **TRADED**

Jack, I was wondering about the holes also, they were there when I bought the car. And I do have the grills, I'm going to trim them up a little bit so they're no so bulky.

Liguidh8, that poly fill is a good idea, I can probably stuff quite a bit in there. Should I pack it dense or just fill it loosely?

And when the funds are available I'm going to get the q logic kick panels for the front. Does anybody on here have them?

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Not only do the grilles protect the speakers, but they're also for aesthetics. How are you going to finish the wood behind the speakers? Paint them interior color?
The Q-Logics are nice, but a bit on the pricey side. If I recall, there was a member making his own kick panel speaker enclosures.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks

I'm defiantly going to use them, just didn't have them there when I took the pics. The speakers aren't that pretty lol. And I'm going to try and get some tan carpet that closely matches the carpet in the car.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks

Soooo today I got a wild hair as I was walking by the wagon. I sat in it and started looking around and decided to pull the headliner. The front corners have been broken since I got it and a couple if cracks and holes but for the most part it's still together. I plan on putting a layer of Fiberglass over it to stiffen it up and make it stronger while fixing the cracks and broken pieces. One big downside was just about all of the clips broke. They were REALLY brittle. Anyone know where to get replacements? Lol. Hopefully I can get the fiberglass started soon. I'll post pics as I go.

The coolest part is I found the build sheet...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 655

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks

Forgot this part...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 631
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor