keep it or ditch it

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bad84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2009
none
i tried to make a poll but cant figure it out(im no good computers)
but i have an 84 monte ss with a sbc with a weiland 144 blower and a built 350 turbo it needs a fuel pump (witch i already have sitting for it) and some odds and ends the question is should i keep it or get a buick gn or t type. i love buicks but i do love the monte so im done with trying to figure it out so im gona let yous decide for me(or at least help me decide) heres a pic of the monte.
cp2_cp1_0525090121.jpg

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
looks like a sweet SS.... I'd say if you're still happy with it keep it, you've already got it built the way you want it.... you might even find yourself going backward as far as performance and handling go.... If you're not as happy with it as you'd like, sell it and use the money toward the GN & upgrades... just my $.02.

Darin

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Keep it! It looks sweet. You don't see many Monte's set up like that. I like it!

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
The only problem is, once you put a decent amount of money in these cars, you can never sell them for anywhere near the investment. Just look at the "for sale" section here. Similar cars like yours are, as crazy as it sounds, getting parted out because people tried to sell them and just couldn't get anything out of them. Your car is an SS, which makes it better off than a regular Monte Carlo, but nice Monte Carlo SS's don't sell for a whole lot either. Basically if you own a G-Body and it isn't a Regal with a turbo, you will lose out when you try to sell, unless you got something for $100 that has 20,000 miles on it and turn it over.

I wouldn't get too crazy about selling it unless you know and are 100% sure there is someone who wants to buy your car for what you must get out of it.

1bad84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2009
none
i hear what your saying but i got the car for dirt and i didnt put a whole lot of money in it. but who knows im still thinking

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
my only thought is if you are considering even getting rid of it then maybe you should, get into something that you don't want to get rid of. I know i would never get rid of my malibu hence it will never be sold. Just as well have something that you won't consider getting rid of, then you don't have to worry when you spend to much money on it haha but that's just my .02

gs dewd

Greasemonkey
May 25, 2008
Crimora, Va
I'd say keep it. Seems like you have already put alot of time a effort into it and have it just about done. Do you really want to start all over again with another car? Even though a GN or a T-Type is a nice pice to own I think you will be happier with what you have. Hell have both.

MD13ailey

Master Mechanic
Aug 26, 2009
Columbia city, Oregob
well unless you have the money to buy a GN or a decent turbo regal i wouldnt sell this car. if you like it then i would keep it and just improve upon it. like mentioned above the G bodies just dont sell for much. unless its a GN. the car looks great so i would turn up the boost and go have fun with it. and if you really want a buick that bad get a grand national steering wheel and some t type badges and call it a hybrid :)

anunknownpresence

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2009
KY
As long as you aren't in the same position I was in with my Monte, I'd say keep it.

I didn't have the money and the means to track down the list of parts my SS needed so I really didn't have any other choice but to let it go and accept the best offer given to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor