Khan's Motoring Chronicles - PICTURES & VIDEO FROM THE TRACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

YGspider

G-Body Guru
May 13, 2012
Ontario Canada Eh
Re: Khan's Motoring Chronicles - PICTURES & VIDEO FROM THE T

That GP is a BEAST. Love it, Good work Khan. Maybe next year we can race sometime.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada

thanks,
it's not that quick, it just launches hard. I think your GN will keep up

it's been a pretty slow year; cleaned up some stuff from last year's build, got the new tires to fit, bought new 26" slicks, few other things here & there, that's about it. The GP was neglected a lot through the last half of the summer, after it started giving me electrical problems. Pretty much either sat, or drove hard on it, & beat on it since then.

the big work was the posi re-build and 4.11 gears, which did not yield the results I had hoped. The 60' times have dropped but the ET & mph is about the same as with 3.42s and 27" tires. I had hoped to kiss 12.5, maybe 12.4 and 107-108mph crossing the traps at 6100rpm. But I'm stuck around 12.8 to 12.6 @ 105'ish mph

the motor does not have the top end I had predicted, and I've now taken it out of it's torque band... so there's no improvement in ET and mph. When these slicks are roasted, I'll try 27" or 28" tall ones again. That's about all the money I'm willing to throw back into this now.

khan0165

Royal Smart Person
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada

[youtube]n_-X83qa-6E[/youtube]
[youtube]ydpBb6w2y7A[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor