Kid who I sold my Regal crashed and died

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
It is really sad, he was doing an estimated 80+ MPH in a 30, left 240 feet of skid marks and the police said the car was demolished....I have not gone to look at it yet but plan to. I hate the way the news paper wrote the article, they say texting caused it, but he sent the text about a minute before the crash..

The road is a nasty one even if you know your way around it. It is a real shame, he was only 21 and had big plans to fix up the car, something I couldn't do due to my health....he did have a lead foot and was a great kid.

Here is the article, please disregard the news paper that wrote it, they are a bunch of morons and everyone complains about them.

http://www.heraldnews.com/news/x1009761 ... Road-crash

Notice how this news paper headlines it differently and correctly.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbc ... /100329938

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
That's a real shame too. I hate how the media posts it as texting. Cause if you look at all the comments people made at the bottom of the page on that first link, most are making some offensive remarks IMO. Lets blame texting, when in all reality, if he was going 80mph (possibly) and was less than a mile from his house, then that should say something. Maybe he sent a text before the car was in motion. And the skid marks don't mean anything because it is very easy to lock up the brakes on these cars as I've done a couple times in heavy rain. If anything, maybe the simple explanation is "he was halling *ss and lost control". That's why I tell my gf I refuse to text while driving the malibu because it is very easy to lose control and I sometimes have the urge to put my foot in it.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
still sad to see someone that young go, no matter what the reason...

not to downgrade his death, by any means, but I know seeing the regal go as well has to hurt a bit ... when I sold my 95 caprice, I told the guy that if he ever wrecks it, to not even let me know....

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
1evilregal said:
still sad to see someone that young go, no matter what the reason...

not to downgrade his death, by any means, but I know seeing the regal go as well has to hurt a bit ... when I sold my 95 caprice, I told the guy that if he ever wrecks it, to not even let me know....

Understandable, I did some good things to that car and the kid had big plans to put parts from his grand national, which was all rusted out, into the Regal. He had it almost 1 year and it's sad he will never be able to finish it, and I will never get to see it finished.

I feel bad because I sold him the car, I feel if I listened to my gut at the time and not sell it to a kid with a lead foot, this probably wouldn't of happened, but he could have done the same with any car.

I really hope I get to see it before it goes to the crusher...my neighbor said it was on the news quick and you couldn't even tell what it was, that's how bad it was....I tried to look for video's at the news companies online but couldn't find anything.

78 salon

Greasemonkey
May 3, 2009
Brookfield, Ill
Don't feel guilty about it. I don't know what you'd done to the car, but even a 6 cyl. will hit 80 mph. He'd have gotten there eventually. Sorry for the loss.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
wow !! Lost my cousin to a car crash that hit a tree in Boston 14 years ago.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
It's not your fault. He chose to operate the car in an unsafe manner and sadly, it ended his life. Honestly though, if he didn't buy your car, he would have bought another and did the same stupid thing. It is a lesson though to those of us who are still alive to treat these and all old cars with respect. They may be fun, but they are nowhere near as safe in a collision as a modern car with a full 5 star crash test rating would be. Plus, the brakes and chassis were never that great to begin with, and if you don't treat them with respect, they can and will hurt you. He didn't respect the car he was driving and died because of it. That's not your fault, and it could have happened in any car that is not driven with respect.

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, thats the conclusion I came to, he could have done the same in a Honda not purchased from me.

I went to look at the car but it's covered up, still under investigation......The news and media are trying to look over the fence to take pics but they can't, so that's why it's covered......My parents know the guy where the car is at so he said wait a day or two and give him a call. He said it is a huge mess, pretty much a horseshoe and everything inside pretty much disintegrated.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Wow, that is the saddest thing I've heard in a while. I think texting or talking on a cell phone should be treated the same as drunk driving. They finally brought a new by-law into my city that bans txting while driving. I think cell phones are coming next. I can't even tell you all how many times my Malibu has almost been hit because of someone screwing around on their cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor