Kids of the '80s: Favorite TV Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

454GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Jul 27, 2016
Lehi, Utah

Glad to see somebody beat me to this. Automan was indeed pretty cheesy, but it was so 1980s.

I loved Police Squad! and was very sad that it didn't make it.

As far as car shows went, Dukes of Hazzard was top of the heap for me. Knight Rider immediately lept to second place when it debuted, though it got more and more corny as the years went on what with all the ridiculous gadgets/capabilities they kept piling on to KITT.

Man, that was a great decade for cop/detective shows. I made sure to catch all the episodes of the following:

CHiPs
Simon & Simon
TJ Hooker
Hunter
Magnum PI

And so many more....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Glad to see somebody beat me to this. Automan was indeed pretty cheesy, but it was so 1980s.

I loved Police Squad! and was very sad that it didn't make it.

As far as car shows went, Dukes of Hazzard was top of the heap for me. Knight Rider immediately lept to second place when it debuted, though it got more and more corny as the years went on what with all the ridiculous gadgets/capabilities they kept piling on to KITT.

Man, that was a great decade for cop/detective shows. I made sure to catch all the episodes of the following:

CHiPs
Simon & Simon
TJ Hooker
Hunter
Magnum PI

And so many more....

You forgot to mention Spenser For Hire -- that was a cool detective/pi show. Always like Robert Urich.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
We bought our first TV in 1957. The first kids shows I watched were the Three Stooges, The Keystone Cops and Zorro. Then came The Dick Van Dyke Show, Route 66, 77 Sunset Strip, CHIPS, Adam 12 and everyone's show - Ed Sullivan. Let's not forget Canada's own Littlest Hobo and Buffalo's Commander Tom (Rocketship 7).
The Littlest Hobo and the Beachcomber's. To the American's on here, the Hobo was a German Shepherd acting like Lassie. The main villan on The Beachcomber's, that is what they did combed shoreline on Canada's west coast, anyway he was named Relic, a greasy, weirdo played brilliantly by Robert Clothier. Also Chief Dan George starred as a Grandfather to one of the main characters son. We had weird Canadiana up here, Mr Dressup was another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor