Kind of a weird question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikes83ss

Greasemonkey
Mar 14, 2011
las vegas,nevada
I have an 83 mc ss with the stock 305 from the factory.Ever been to an auto parts store and been asked this question does your car have a 5.0 305 or a 5.7 350(diesel)?Has anyone ever seen a 350 diesel in a monte carlo or heard of one?

RockSS

Master Mechanic
Oct 24, 2010
Enfield Ct
Stay away ... FAR away from that parts store... :wtf:

brettlaage03

Greasemonkey
Mar 30, 2010
SW Wisconsin
I know there were Olds 350 deisels. I know there were some in the cutlass models, not sure about other g bodies though

Mikes83ss

Greasemonkey
Mar 14, 2011
las vegas,nevada
Actually rockss thats a pretty common question and have had that question even on summit and jegs.I found out why I get that and its cause up till 1984 that diesel 350 was offered in a monte carlo and there was only 168 made in 1984

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
People that actually know anything about cars and parts that work at parts stores are quite hard to come by in todays times. Depending on what I need, I sometimes cringe just knowing I have to describe something to them or make up my own year and make of car in order for little Johnny behind the counter to be able to look it up with his trusty keyboard.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Chris Van said:
People that actually know anything about cars and parts that work at parts stores are quite hard to come by in today's times. Depending on what I need, I sometimes cringe just knowing I have to describe something to them or make up my own year and make of car in order for little Johnny behind the counter to be able to look it up with his trusty keyboard.
A part could be hanging on the wall behind them,but if they can't find it in the computer they don't have it. :roll:
I tried to buy a piece of 3/8 fuel line , the girl couldn't find it by make, model,or year. I kept telling her it did not matter, I finally just walked behind the counter and got it my self. I just cringe if i have to go in that Auto Zone and shes there.

Mikes83ss

Greasemonkey
Mar 14, 2011
las vegas,nevada
Ya i've had that problem with little johnny.Its a 350 and no johnny I don't know what it came out of cause I got it from a junkyard.Especially if that parts missing and you don't have a sample now your totally ****ed cause little johnny only knows lawnmowers and fart cans and things that have liters and not cubic inches.lol

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
The Olds 350 diesel was offered in early 80's Montes.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
81Regal said:
The Olds 350 diesel was offered in early 80's Montes.
Haha the old Oldsmobile 350 diesel . . . :rofl:

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
I saw an add on craigslist once for an El camino that had a diesel motor. From the four pictures it looked to be stock. I was tempted to go check it out, but got too lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor