kinda new to wagons

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeselky85

Apprentice
Jul 29, 2009
okay...a little new to wagons but have a few g bodies...
i picked up a cutlass cruiser wagon and ive got a few questions.
one thing is the window felts. are they just 4 door window felts? i know the cutlassd has the chrome plate on top the door and im not sure how it all works, since this is my first olds gbody as well.
another one is the dash vents, i got a/c working and with ac max on it blows strong out of the driver vents but very poor out of the passanger vents...also seems to blow out the floor vents. is the floor vents normal for a/c?

speedbob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 8, 2012
Lake stevens, washington
Hey.. I don't know if I can post a thread here from another site but here is a good write up on window felt for the budget minded. i have not tryed it yet but plan to until I tear my wagon apart for paint.. This gent says his have held up for 5 years for only a couple bucks.
http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewt ... 2&t=113443
Best of luck to you on your project!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Bob,
My one concern about using the base cove moulding is how well it's able to withstand UV rays and the elements in general.
Especially for us southern guys. Up north, it may not be an issue...or hardly a concern. Of course if the vehicle is hardly used and always garaged, it might not be a concern at all. Just a thought.

Mike,
As for your heat and cooling vents, I would check if any of the vents had been disconnected intentionally or by accident. Make sure cables and vacuum lines are hooked up properly.
Post some pics of your new Cutlass Cruiser.

speedbob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 8, 2012
Lake stevens, washington
Sure jack we probably don't have the uv rays you would have but I just wanted to put that out there.
I am going to try it because its 5 bucks and easy to get. When I choose to paint I would not go with anything but new ones but for now my old cracked scrapers are no longer scrapers but more like a leaf catchers. I don't know what his buget is but if you re in a bind it looks like they would work..
Like Jack said: Pictures?

mikeselky85

Apprentice
Jul 29, 2009
I'll have to check the lines. I know the main ones hooked up cause I checked all vacuum lines after I got it. Its just been a while since ive had ac in the el camino. And the malibu had ac removed previously. Also I plan on just buying a set of weatherstripping for it, I'm only concerned if I buy a set for a 4 door. The chrome plate on the top of the door near the felts is just screwing me up... Does I have the felt unde It? This is my first olds as well so I'm not used to all the chrome.
I'll post pictures tomorrow. Just got new tires on it at work, and fixed an exhaust leak... Gotta be running good cause it's a daily driver car. Also gotta track down the fender badges since mine were removed when somebody took the wood grain off.
Was also wondering if I could get some pictures of an engine bay with the 3.8, I need a picture of some vacuum and wire routing since the owner removed a few hoses. Also need to see the heater hose routing from the water pump, since mine doesn't seem to fit rite anywhere.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
For cars with the wide aluminum moldings, the felts are stapled to the trim.
You can also ditch the wide moldings and switch to the felts that just have the thin aluminum bead along the edge.
I plan on doing this on my wagon because the wide moldings are all hail damaged...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor