Lady running for Mayor of Detroit is a convicted Felon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I'm hoping that simply sitting in a Cutlass isn't probable cause to search for weapons.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm hoping that simply sitting in a Cutlass isn't probable cause to search for weapons.
Unless it's one of those "gangsta" looking rides.

Aaron L. Thomas

Apprentice
Jan 6, 2016
Detroit, MI
As a resident of the great city of Detroit, I've never even heard of her and she definitely will not win even with our history of electing criminals. We have a mayor now that's doing wonders for the city and he will be re-elected. I hated Kwame and glad he is where he is. Detroit is on the come up and I stand by my city!!!!!

But I will admit, you guys comments are funny :rofl:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
That was all?!? Over here in New York both the State Senate majority and minority leaders were led out in handcuffs for Bribery. We even had a past Governor (Spitzer) busted for soliciting $1000 per hour prostitutes. It's beyond politics- it's shamelessness.

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
I'm from Detroit and I still reside in Metro Detroit. I don't know about the charges specifically and if she actually ever did something wrong or the gun really wasn't hers. I wasn't posting this to say she was a bad person or anything, I just thought it was funny to me on a personal level because I like guns and g-body's.

Seeing as though I'm black and from the block/hood/etc... I'm sure my experiences with Detroit, how I view the people that some of you see as "saviors" a tad bit different. Kwame was definitely guilty of some things, I'm not sure about 30 years worth of things, but if he's in prison, then so should everyone who was responsible for poising Flint's water.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Kwame was definitely guilty of some things, I'm not sure about 30 years worth of things, but if he's in prison, then so should everyone who was responsible for poising Flint's water.

Since several of Kwame's federal convictions involved bribes/schemes/kickbacks dealing with water/sewer contracts its pretty easy to see how Flint happens. "I'm going to dump this in the water and you aren't going to say anything about it, right? Oh, here's your check". Kwame getting busted could have kept Detroit from becoming Flint times 10.

Kwame probably deserved all of the 30 years he got, but because there are hundreds of other crooked politicians that should be rotting in jail with him aren't, it seems cruel he was singled out for punishment. It's not.

Aaron L. Thomas

Apprentice
Jan 6, 2016
Detroit, MI
I'm from Detroit and I still reside in Metro Detroit. I don't know about the charges specifically and if she actually ever did something wrong or the gun really wasn't hers. I wasn't posting this to say she was a bad person or anything, I just thought it was funny to me on a personal level because I like guns and g-body's.

Seeing as though I'm black and from the block/hood/etc... I'm sure my experiences with Detroit, how I view the people that some of you see as "saviors" a tad bit different. Kwame was definitely guilty of some things, I'm not sure about 30 years worth of things, but if he's in prison, then so should everyone who was responsible for poising Flint's water.
It's good to see a fellow Metro Detroit-er on here! Did you go to the Clinton Twp cruise this past weekend and do you attend the Woodward Dream Cruise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor