LEAD: For all you TURBO BUICK folks (non-digital dash) out there needing a NOS GM 2 bar MAP sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Searching for suitable VAC sensors for 1988SS, I found an ACDelco 2 bar (2 atmospheres) MAP sensor for the GN's under the original part number for cheap. 16009886. STAMPED 886. CAVEAT: The parts book says "(Exc Digital U52)". I'm assuming the digital dash? I don't know why, but it says it's not for those cars with digital dashes.

Does not include the Turbo Buick "tax" of the price being jacked up to the stratosphere. One I saw someone asking 119 and change for!
$35.00 to your door plus any applicable taxes.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Precisely. That's what this MAP sensor is for. The NON-digital dash cars, aka WITHOUT RPO U52. All I was saying is I don't know what's different, if anything. GM is weird about that. Sometimes they put stuff in the service and parts manuals that doesn't make sense or contradicts the other. I'm not familiar enough with Buicks or turbo cars to say with any authority what this fits other than what the parts information shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor