OLDS LEAD: NOS 82-83 Cruise control and wiper switch lever WITHOUT delay. GM p/n 25031425.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Here's an ORIGINAL STYLE 82-83 cruise wand lever correct for cars without delay wipers. Would physically install in a delay switch, and operate fine, but isn't marked for such.

There were at least 2 styles of this lever without the bottom ledge under the on/off/resume switch. The original style had the lines for the switch, like this one. Later ones had arrows. Technically acceptable, but if you're restoring an 83 H/O, this would make it look factory correct, for example. HTF with the lines instead of arrows.

As usual, no dog in the hunt, have no idea about it, just contact the seller for more questions. Buyer beware as always.

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
He’s pretty cocky for a guy that has described his part incorrectly. If you notice his description is with delay while the photograph is clearly of a non-delay wiper switch lever

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
He’s pretty cocky for a guy that has described his part incorrectly. If you notice his description is with delay while the photograph is clearly of a non-delay wiper switch lever
Heck, I didn't even double check his number. I didn't even read the writeup. I just saw the picture and number. 2031425 is for a Delay, and 2031426 is for non-delay. I'm so used to the 84-88 part number with delay ending in a 6 when I saw the odd number and the picture, I didn't give it too much thought. My bad on that.

If the picture is accurate, it's of the 2031426 turn signal lever.

If the part is indeed a 2031425, it should have the delay feature, which is even more rare, actually.

As stated, either will work with the other as the delay or non-delay feature is in the column switch itself. So physically it will still do the same thing, but the markings would be different.

EDIT: I sent him the correct info with a picture of the Olds parts book listing with the 1425 and 1426 as an FYI. I wasn't trying to be a dillhole, but he'll probably think I'm an a-hole, but I'll be a "correct" a-hole because he is wrong on ONE of the two, either the listing or the part. Aftermarkets didn't have the lines like that, so it is a GM lever, but still.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
And here's another one which is mis-information...

It's for a non-pulse wiper setup for an 84-88, NOT an 82-83 as listed. Just in case anyone was interested.

And this dude didn't get the message either.

And this guy needs to get a parts book or something, too. He was closer, but still a couple of years off.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor