Left-handed wrenches

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
I was helping my friend work on his car yesterday, and he told me I could help out by picking him up a set of left-handed wrenches from the store. He also said I should get a bucket of steam as well. I looked around all day and I couldn't find them anywhere. Nobody at the store was helpful either they just kinda stared at me like idiots. When i came back without them my friend looked really disappointed because now he couldn't change his muffler bearings. I feel really bad, but I cant find them anywhere. Is this something I'll need to order online?

maliburacinfreak

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2005
Evansville, IN
:lol: any parts store should have them, right next to the canooter valves. maybe try home depot, theyll be close to the board stretchers.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
They're typically stocked right next to the blinker fluid.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Harbor Freight sells some that are reversible so they work for either hand, I have a set that I use when I need to hold something with my left hand and tighten with my right or vise-versa. Almost sounds believeable doesn't it. :lol:

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
:|

...someone didn't read the first post

robhowardiii

Apprentice
Mar 6, 2012
Funny I had the same problem when I was wetsanding my cutlass. someone told me to put some "elbow grease" in it. I looked everywhere and didn't find any. It turns out wheel berring grease is not a substitute (just FYI)

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
outsider_27 said:
I thought they were special order items, like the Chevy pickup suspension I beams.

Thats what I'm guessing. Not a single store had them.
One dude at Sears said that they come pre-packaged with sets of long weights. I told him to get me a long weight, but then he disappeared. I stood there for about 5 hours and he never showed back up... so I'm stuck at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor