Length from axle to diff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernie365

Apprentice
Apr 8, 2020
Murrieta,CA
I am doing an engine swap on my 82 regal from the original V6 to a 384 stroker with. TH400 trans and wanted to know if anyone knows the length from the axel of the transmission to the diff?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Are you asking for the length of a driveshaft that will be needed for the swap?

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
You need to measure once you have the trans and engine installed. Too many variables imo.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Ah i see i was hoping someone had the same setup and knew the length
The issue is with motor mounts and rear mounts. I'm always concerned about having the shaft the correct length so that it has 3/4-1" of slip in the trans. Perhaps for a daily 250hp driver it would be less of a concern, but at 500-800whp, I prefer to have it be spot on. And it's not a waste of time and effort to have this spot on for the 250hp daily driver IMO. I'm a firm believer in spending my money on things that matter - driveshaft length is one of those things.

Perhaps I'm a bit too anal retentive about it so take my comments with a grain of salt I guess.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor