Lets talk enclosed trailers....

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So, I'm thinking about buying an enclosed car trailer for the first time. I've been looking around at used for about 4 months and all I've seen had been junk for the asking prices.

So, now I'm thinking NEW, instead of used.

My minimums are dual 5k axles, brakes on both axles, 8.5 ft wide. I'd like 24' but might could make 20' work in a pinch. I really want the arched single piece roof, nothing flat top. No less than 16" OC spacing on floors and walls.

Probably looking at a flat nose rather than v-nose. I can take or leave the over-axle escape side door for exiting the car, but, wouldnt mind it for the convenience.

Been looking at the Interstate LoadRunner series, with a 24 footer having all that plus a roof vent, led lights, under $12k as a cheap option.

Not sure what those of you with these are running and how happy you've been with them. Don't mind having to pick up within a 7 hour drive each way so lots of territory in play.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
Get E tracks or add them later. Best way to secure a car is by the tires.

I have a 24' American Hauler. Keep the tongue weight in mind as you load it and wide turns if you go 24.

Attachments

• 20220529_190237.jpg
    20220529_190237.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: 1 user

art

Greasemonkey
Apr 24, 2009
Absecon, New Jersey
I found older trailers to be a better deal all around. I was looking for a "heavyweight" early gooseneck. Kept my OEM list to Pace, Haulmark, or United. I was looking for finished inside, wired for 110 and 12 v, a/c equipped. Most older trailers that are well kept are worth the hunt. They typically were "top of the line" at the time. Which is what I found and bought. Who ever specced this trailer was a racer. Not to many frills, and built right. An '05 Pace. A little bigger than I thought I wanted, but in the end it worked out. Can handle everything I ask it to do. A few dings and whatnot which I would expect.
New, I couldn't touch a trailer this nice.
I already had the tow rig, which helped a lot. Good luck in your quest.

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_7151451028498102699.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_7151451028498102699.jpeg
    404.5 KB · Views: 2

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor