Lexan windows????

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
here's the laws for safety glass in Ontario....notice they say glass and they don't say you have to use glass, only the type of glass to be used. They don't say that no other product can be used so if it's a type of plastic and it does not impair your vision then I can see an argument against a ticket, at least here here in Ontario....

Regulations as to safety glass in vehicles

(4) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may make regulations,

(a) prescribing standards and specifications for safety glass used or intended to be used in a door, window or windshield of any motor vehicle;

(b) providing for and requiring the marking and identification of safety glass used or intended to be used in a door, window or windshield of any motor vehicle. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 72 (4).

Adoption of code by reference

(5) Any regulation made under subsection (4) may adopt by reference, in whole or in part with the changes that the Lieutenant Governor in Council considers necessary, any code or standard and may require compliance with any code or standard that is so adopted. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 72 (5).

Penalty

(6) Every person who contravenes this section or a regulation made under this section is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not less than $200 and not more than $1,000. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 72 (6).

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
The officers here more than likely wouldn't even notice, especially if the windows are tinted. The only ones that would even notice would be other car guys. This area around here that I live in is not into cars. To people/officers around here, they look at vehicles as just another appliance to be used and thrown away. Another thing I have going for me is that I have a "get out of jail free card" because I'm friendly with lots of county deputies from working on their houses. Whenever I do work on an officer's/deputy's house I always give them a huge discount.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor