Lightning rod shifter pricing and adaption

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You can see from this pic how the second and third knobs seem to be roughly the same height. Non-H/O rods have the second one noticably taller.

GAL07.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
I have a set in my 79 Cutlass with a 200-4r transmission I use a b&m shift cable with mine I found that the stock cable just dident fit good and that may have been my fault because I added the console brackets and shift hole so the placement may be wrong but anyway I have a stock console that was trimmed out to fit the lr’s in used the b&m cable and there bracket then I simply made a threaded rod from a 10/32 bolt I think that threads in the part that fits in the bracket provided then it’s really adjustable I haven’t ever had any issues with mine if the shifter is in good shape that’s not a bad price and it will work with your trans and console

Reactions: 1 users

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
That seems like a good price. If they are not the 4sp version and you have some money to burn kilduffmachine.com makes nice lightning rod style shifters.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Hmm. Added a parts exploded view to a previous post but it didn't take. Trying again. Shows all the pieces parts. The little circles under the dust brushes are butyl dabs to hold the brushes in place. Probably not the brightest of ideas IMO but I didn't build them.

console.gif

Reactions: 3 users

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
Hmm. Added a parts exploded view to a previous post but it didn't take. Trying again. Shows all the pieces parts. The little circles under the dust brushes are butyl dabs to hold the brushes in place. Probably not the brightest of ideas IMO but I didn't build them.

console.gif

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Kilduff Rods will never ever look as cool as the Hurst ones though. JMO. :)

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
Yea thats what i figured, im going to go ahead and make this purchase, im just going to have to look for the extra plates that go under the indicator plate, and screws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor