442 Lightning rod shifter pricing and adaption

69hurstolds

69hurstolds

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 2, 2006
<---------- But if you need new knobs.....I know a guy... :)

69hurstolds

69hurstolds

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 2, 2006
You can see from this pic how the second and third knobs seem to be roughly the same height. Non-H/O rods have the second one noticably taller.

Reactions: olds307 and 403
1bad79

1bad79

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
I have a set in my 79 Cutlass with a 200-4r transmission I use a b&m shift cable with mine I found that the stock cable just dident fit good and that may have been my fault because I added the console brackets and shift hole so the placement may be wrong but anyway I have a stock console that was trimmed out to fit the lr’s in used the b&m cable and there bracket then I simply made a threaded rod from a 10/32 bolt I think that threads in the part that fits in the bracket provided then it’s really adjustable I haven’t ever had any issues with mine if the shifter is in good shape that’s not a bad price and it will work with your trans and console

Reactions: Anubis
B

buzz77

Master Mechanic
Jun 11, 2013
That seems like a good price. If they are not the 4sp version and you have some money to burn kilduffmachine.com makes nice lightning rod style shifters.

Reactions: 1bad79
69hurstolds

69hurstolds

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 2, 2006
Hmm. Added a parts exploded view to a previous post but it didn't take. Trying again. Shows all the pieces parts. The little circles under the dust brushes are butyl dabs to hold the brushes in place. Probably not the brightest of ideas IMO but I didn't build them.

digimurda

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
Hmm. Added a parts exploded view to a previous post but it didn't take. Trying again. Shows all the pieces parts. The little circles under the dust brushes are butyl dabs to hold the brushes in place. Probably not the brightest of ideas IMO but I didn't build them.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olds307 and 403

olds307 and 403

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
digimurda

digimurda

Greasemonkey
Sep 29, 2010
RHODE ISLAND
Yea thats what i figured, im going to go ahead and make this purchase, im just going to have to look for the extra plates that go under the indicator plate, and screws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: QS442

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor