Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 16, 2017
IMG_0218.JPG
IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0221.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG
View attachment 66621
IMG_0225.JPG
If the 83/84 hurst olds come with the 4 speed Lightning rod shifter / what did the 3 speed come in ? I have a 3 seed and a 4 seed So the 3 seed can only be used with a 3 seed trans The tall one is the 3 seed

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Hurst marketed the 3 speed version shown below after success with the Hurst Olds cars. Anyone could buy the 3 speed version and put it in their car. Like the Kildork copy rods they are kind of gangly, tall and goofy looking in my opinion. Some of the parts from the 3 speed interchange with the 4 speed version.

rods.gif

Reactions: 1 user

StreetStock#72

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2017
IIRC they offered a direct console fit 3sp auto in the Camaro as well as the universal kit shown in the ad above.

black_aerocoupe

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
I have a column shift 2004r car. Always wondered how hard these would be to hook up.
Same work as a console shift car.
To do it factory. Mount the shifter, route the cable, add the lever at the trans, bolt the cable bracket to the pan, and swap the column to 84-88 4 speed auto column. I Ike the factory setup, as if the shift cable breaks, you can still shift the trans. by grabbing the column. And it keeps the reverse lights and neutral safety, and PN switch for the ECM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor