Lightning Rods Shifter Height

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauve66

n00b
Nov 30, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
was wondering if someone could tell me the stock height from the top of the console plate to the top of the buttons with all 3 shifters in neutral? I'm putting this shifter in a non G body and want to make sure i get them far enough out of the console for it to look and operate properly, any help would be greatly appreciated

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
It depends if you have a stock 4 speed shifter out of a Hurst Olds or an aftermarket 3 speed shifter. They use different length rods, the 4-speeds are shorter while the 3 speeds are much longer and distinguishable. I have both styles in my cars and they generally have the console plate about an inch above the metal gates/lever guides.

Reactions: 1 user

mauve66

n00b
Nov 30, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
thanks, didn't know they were different length rods, this is the 3 spd version so i guess i'll just use the console to shifter mechanism distance and eyeball it from there

3G's

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 26, 2007
Taber Alberta, Canada
Went over tonight and got 7 inches on the dot from console to the top of the buttons while in neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor