Like buying EVs? Especially Teslas? Then Don't F**k In Your Car

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Whether big brother is watching you or not, Elon's band of idiots are. Takeaway? You probably don't want to have sex in your EV, either by yourself or with anyone else.

Snippet:

"Tesla assures its millions of electric car owners that their privacy “is and will always be enormously important to us.” The cameras it builds into vehicles to assist driving, it notes on its website, are “designed from the ground up to protect your privacy.”

But between 2019 and 2022, groups of Tesla employees privately shared via an internal messaging system sometimes highly invasive videos and images recorded by customers’ car cameras, according to interviews by Reuters with nine former employees.

Some of the recordings caught Tesla customers in embarrassing situations. One ex-employee described a video of a man approaching a vehicle completely naked."

Reactions: 1 user

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
Uber was spying on drivers and customers by accessing the drivers cameras etc. Facebook routinely uses and shares so called private info.

There is no privacy anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Takeaway? You probably don't want to have sex in your EV, either by yourself or with anyone else.
Probably is a pretty loose term here, if I ever ride in one of these cars first thing I'm doing is GOAT'ing the camera.

They don't like it, don't watch.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Uber was spying on drivers and customers by accessing the drivers cameras etc. Facebook routinely uses and shares so called private info.

Facebook doesn't share my info. Because I don't use their website.

When you use these kinds of services, you shouldn't expect privacy, even if they do keep your sh*t private. It goes with the territory because you're basically agreeing to handing over your info for their service(s) for the most part, depending on how the EULA is worded. But as the article points out, if someone parks a Tesla (that you don't own and have not acknowledged a user agreement with Tesla) outside your apartment window and you're walking around the living room with your underwear on, they still need your permission to record you. Which I doubt that would happen. And other similar situations. They might get away with it if you don't know, but if you see a Tesla parked near you...now you know.

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Facebook doesn't share my info. Because I don't use their website.

When you use these kinds of services, you shouldn't expect privacy, even if they do keep your sh*t private. It goes with the territory because you're basically agreeing to handing over your info for their service(s) for the most part, depending on how the EULA is worded. But as the article points out, if someone parks a Tesla (that you don't own and have not acknowledged a user agreement with Tesla) outside your apartment window and you're walking around the living room with your underwear on, they still need your permission to record you. Which I doubt that would happen. And other similar situations. They might get away with it if you don't know, but if you see a Tesla parked near you...now you know.
Easy fix. $2 rattle can paint over the glass/cameras. No more problem. Doubt the tesla comes back either

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
TESLA.... the peeping tom of the modern age.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013

There still is IF you are careful where you go.

I keep my browser set up to block tracking cookies. I do not have any ad blockers. This leads to awkward situations where I visit a site -- usually a mainstream news site, oddly enough -- and the site complains about an "ad blocker," and wants me to turn off my "ad blocker" before continuing to the site. Some of these sites let me choose to continue without "contributing" to their livelihood. Disturbing, but also comical.

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Big Elon is watching you.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor