Like racing a pogo stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

86judge

Greasemonkey
Dec 27, 2012
Indiana
Ok. 383, Muncie 4speed, drag radials, and a 12 bolt with factory control arms.
Let's just say it was not a pleasant experience. It felt like the rear end was going to bounce right out from under the car. Yes everyone says don't do that, but some of us just have to learn the hard way.
So my question to you guys is... How well do the UMI control arms work. I ordered there uppers and lowers to swap in a 12 bolt. And does anyone know what pinion angle to shoot for.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 440

GT_80

Greasemonkey
Apr 23, 2013
Massachusetts
sounds like you need new shocks.

454cutlass

Master Mechanic
Sep 1, 2009
mass
I had wheel hop when I had my factory 7.5. Not fun. Unfortunately only after 2 months I destroyed the stock gov bomb (due to the new 454) so I only got the umi control arms after the replacement 9" went in. But no wheel hop after.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I had a 92 Dodge W250 that did that once -- death wobble! Hit a pothole at 35 mph and the solid front axle started to dance so badly it nearly ripped the steering wheel out of my hands. New shocks and a front sway bar (and an underwear change) solved that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor