Little late but it's that time of year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I might be behind some of ya but the aerocoupe is finally out of its hibernation. Was able to wash it and take a few pics after it's dust covered slumber in which I made quite a few changes. Mostly unseen wiring and boring stuff like that. I think once upon a time I had a build thread but I'm terrible with taking pics and documenting things along the way. So since it's been a while....
IMG_20190524_163255.jpg

Only real change on the outside was the new Ridler wheels and Nitto 555 tires. They are a downgrade from the ET Streets I ran before but these will last a lot longer on the street.....hopefully.
IMG_20190524_163307.jpg

Didn't do much under the hood. Added wipers and a washer system, made an aluminum wiper cover for sh*ts and giggles, made a more permanent ignition box mount, and new fan controller that's already faulty. Next plan is a new air intake setup.
IMG_20190531_152248.jpg

Finished the new dash and console panels. Tidied up the wiring behind the dash and added a few things I didn't have before. Wipers, washer pump, 12 volt phone charging plug, electric heater for windshield defrost, cup holder, and a universal Ididit column. Still have some finishing to do in the radio area. Next is door panels
IMG_20190531_152420.jpg

Had my stock rears and 98-02 Camaro front seats redone in somewhat of a factory pattern. Color is a little lighter than I hoped for but I'll live with it.
IMG_20190531_152446.jpg

Anyone else have a productive winter?

• Friendly
  • Winner
Reactions: 12 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Do it for Dale!
The Monte looks sweet with the upgrades, well done sir!
Over the winter I was able to move into a house with garage which has allowed me to get the Cutlass from a roller to almost ready to fire!

Reactions: 2 users

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Do it for Dale!
The Monte looks sweet with the upgrades, well done sir!
Over the winter I was able to move into a house with garage which has allowed me to get the Cutlass from a roller to almost ready to fire!
Thanks! I bet you're getting antsy. That's how I was when I was within reach of hearing it run. It's funny you say Do It For Dale. This is a pic I took a few months back lol
20180907_030952.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
nice ride. love the two tone black and silver.

i never realized you are from bellevue, my father and i used to be sales rep for a company called harding machine, part of united technologies, located near you. i lost contact with them, don't know if they're still around.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Love the clean engine bay, everything nice and tidy.:cool: Nicest Aerocoupe I have ever seen. (y) The color and stance and wheel selection is perfect.
And the interior............spot on. :) That has to be a fun ride with the shifters and all them ponies under that cowl. Enjoy it, winter will be here:rant: before
we know it............:cry:

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
That's one of the nicest Aerocoupes that I've seen !!
I particularly like the vents in the front fenders and the Kilduff shifter.
A nice looking steering wheel would really set off the interior.
The 4 spoke Grant like mine would look good in yours.
Guy
DSC_0072.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
That's one of the nicest Aerocoupes that I've seen !!
I particularly like the vents in the front fenders and the Kilduff shifter.
A nice looking steering wheel would really set off the interior.
The 4 spoke Grant like mine would look good in yours.
Guy View attachment 114935
Funny you say that. I'm actually looking for a steering wheel. I'm doing away with the chrome in the interior so I could see myself with something like yours but satin black spokes. And thanks for the compliment!

Reactions: 1 user
That’s looking good! Sounds like you got a lot done, makes me feel like a slacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor