Somewhere late 70s

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
I remember a guy named Mike. Showing up with this newer chevy he had a new freind who came up from tenn.this was northern Ohio. Anyways I was wondering were all the money was comeing from because Mike was out of work a lot and so was his extra freind. The day was spent drinking and smoking reefer much like most days were for young dropouts ..between or during jobs..
.T he car might of been a malibu or a monte had one of those factory radios with the 8 track maybe a cb...the day ended after a lot a cruising and joking around. I was a couple of years more I would connect that day with where Mike had got the bread (money)for the car new", clothes ,new tapes, new booze lol ect..lets just say 5 finger discount..was involved.Im glad I wasn't involved on that one as I new both people.....it wasn't to many years until I heard Mike was dead...everybody loved Mike but he lived to fast..
Thanks hope this wasn't a bummer

Reactions: 3 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Interesting anecdote ,probably a fun guy to hangout with
not sure if you’re inviting comments or similar stories but here’s one of mine :)

Everybody has that one friend that can do no wrong .
Had a buddy a few years back that would steal your cash and somehow it was … tolerated?
Not sure what the right word is , but everyone loved Lee .
he got all the girls ,had a kind word and a smile for everyone
All of his friends had been burned at one point or another usually for a good chunk
When he ran out of money he’d just take yours to get more coke or meth or whatever his party was that night
One night He staggered and fell down a set of stairs , as he was wont to do
He laid there for a few minutes and when people had stopped chuckling and went to check on him they found him dying of fentanyl poisoning
Rushed to hospital but he was brain dead .
Decision was made to let him go
I miss him more than the 400 he stole from me

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
You all are better people than me, we shoot thieves around here, don't care how "close" they are. I work too hard for my stuff to have it stolen.
Yep I’m sure you have a wall of scalps
Do you just have a “Sparta well” to throw the bodies in ? ;-)

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I wish we had a Sparta well. Two, actually. The first one would probably fill up quickly. :giggle: Don't know where this thread was pointed and not sure where it is going, but I don't have any "live hard/die hard" stories like that.

DL2VRLOUEAMUD9Q

I will say this. Friends don't steal from friends. Let that sink in. So, if they steal from you, especially over and over again and you enable it, were they really a friend to begin with? Besides, that's likely part of the reason some of these cities are burning down now because there are no consequences for bad behavior. Unchecked bad behavior generally leads to more bad behavior.

Here in the southern U.S., as a general rule, you might get to steal from someone once and be forgiven. Maybe. Second time you get some free lessons on why that was a bad idea. Especially if you're going to buy drugs with it. I strongly believe if someone dies from drugs they bought with money you "let" them steal from you more than once, then it's actually because you bought the drugs for them by proxy, essentially. You share in the overall responsibility as an enabler. Misguided love or adoration is no excuse.

If you're a real and trusted friend and need money, just ask. We can work something out. Even if I never ask for it back. Always willing to help a friend. But don't steal it. It's a very bad look. You won't be my friend after that.

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Lol yep
The day he took my 400 it was right out of my wallet sitting on my coffee table
He and his girlfriend were helping me move
His help was easily worth 400 , I would have given it to him
Mostly friends help friends just because - I should have offered to pay him I guess lol

nobody got to steal over and over again he hit each one of us separately one time each
Yes we got mad but after a few months it was back to normal but you kept your cash deep in your pocket
There aRe only 2 of us left alive from that group , the two that didn’t get into the hard drugs , we just liked liquor better .
Some of you might even say fentanyl is cleaning up society , except it kills the heroes same as the thieves

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yeah, there are always those guys who you know are going to end up in jail or dead. Many had cops as dads, go figure. There was one guy in particular, Mickey, always a bully, always a thief, always a junkie, not expected to live long. Then I stumble across a post somewhere that says he is still alive [!?!] living outdoors in a major park. Some of the local guys his age were trying to get him some money to get into a shelter or program. After taking their money and disappearing, it turns out he preferred living in the park. Live and learn suckers.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Yeah, there are always those guys who you know are going to end up in jail or dead.
The county I grew up in has all public records online. I still remembered a couple of those guys names and decided to take a look. 40ish years later they are still in the penitentiary. What's the line from cool hand luke "Some people you just cant reach".

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor