lock plate removal HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadtiger84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 3, 2012
Can the lock plate be stuck on? I bought the tool but I still can't get it off. Any ideas?

love.those.g's

Apprentice
Jul 21, 2011
SE Wisconsin
The one behind the steering wheel? They can be a pain. The tool basically pushes the locking plate back and there is a little snap ring that does not like to come out. Every one I've done it seems like I just about get the ring out of it's groove and it snaps right back in... The style tool I've used was designed so that the snap ring could be slid out onto the tool, then you remove the tool and the plate slides off and the ring stays on the tool until you put everything back together...

Hope that helps...

cadtiger84

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 3, 2012
Thanks for the help it took some work but I got it off and now have it back together. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor