Tcc lock up

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
What will cause the tcc lock up in 200r4 to stick and not release? This trans has been rebuilt in 2015 and has had new tcc lockup solenoid and it stays in engage when the car is slowing down.
breaklight switch going bad? i assume you're driving it in the OD position, what happens when in D position, that should cut around any tc lockup.

Last edited:

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Out of honor for other techs I retract my comment about not knowing what to do. More likely if only GM trained he would only know the OEM build/repair regimen.

Any how give Power Proven a call, these guys are one of the best in Chicago area. Would be about 5 to 6 hour drive, but they will do you right. I did a good amount with them in early eighties.

Maybe call them first and explain current problem.
Screenshot_20240216-003600.png

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
That would happen on my Mom's Oldsmobile. When I replaced the lock-up solenoid it was supposedly an 'improved' design. No trouble after that.

Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Maybe the high gear switch on the valve body? It only allows lock-up in high gear. On my T-350-C it would stay locked up until I dropped down into first gear. I ignored it, but it could have gotten worse.

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
The "bang" aka abrupt shift into or from gear to gear could be a case of malajusted TV Cable up at the carb. As for the TCC, is the electrical connection properly grounded? Correct amount of ATV and the correct kind of ATV for the application?

Nick

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Maybe the high gear switch on the valve body? It only allows lock-up in high gear. On my T-350-C it would stay locked up until I dropped down into first gear. I ignored it, but it could have gotten worse.
TCC should unhook the moment 3rd shift line pressure pressure reduced. More possible is builder put in an incorrect or the common op switch that closes at much lower line pressure. It should have disengaged with downshift.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor